They

Somehow, Sharon still trusts Bucky and Sam, because it doesn't take too much convincing for her to part ways with them and with Zemo. He drops her off where she wants, where she hops into a car already waiting for her and leaves them to do their thing. For now...

Before Bucky can order Zemo to park the car a few streets away from their own destination, he thinks of that himself. He even notes it out loud when Sam gives him a questioning look as he slows the car down and finds an empty parking spot.

The streets are mildly busy as Sam walks beside Zemo and Bucky slowly tries to fall behind them, without them noticing, because she's just noticed they're being followed. It's about time, she thinks, tries to steel her nerves so that the guys don't notice. For now, she simply walks a few paces behind, half listens to Zemo talking.

"I heard what happened to Sokovia." He says, "Cannibalised by its neighbours before the land was cleared of rubble – erased from the map completely..."

Sam is listening closer, though. He sees this as the rare times this asshole actually seems to have some semblance of a heart – or at least over where his heart used to be.

"I don't suppose any of the Avengers have ever visited the memorial?"

Wanda definitely has, Sam knows, but he keeps that to himself as Zemo glances at him and scoffs out a laugh.

"Of course not." He shakes his head, smirks bitterly to himself. "Why would they?"

Bucky has, but she keeps that to herself because she didn't do it for him. And also, she doesn't give a shit if he never knows.

"We are here." Zemo says after clearing the aching lump in his throat.

He motions up to the rather simple but elegant apartment-front. It's wedged in a small slither of space, between a few busy cafés and other (larger) apartments, and Sam gives the entire aesthetic of the street an appreciative once over.

"I'm gonna take a walk."

Sam looks concerned as he turns to face her. "Hey. You good?"

Bucky smiles ever so slightly, mainly because she can't help it this time. She nods, then shoots him a subtle, but pointed look as she says, "Just gonna make sure we're not being followed by anyone we don't wanna be followed by."

Sam understands immediately, nods back at her – briefly wonders how the King himself hasn't already found them. "Don't wander off too far, soldier." He knows it's out line, but he also knows he will get away with it. He knows she will know he's only teasing again, but he also hopes she knows he didn't mean anything real by his stupid choice of words back at the stupid gallery party.

(Maybe he should just use his words with her on that last part. And he will, he thinks, he just has to wait for the right time.)

"I'll be back in time for the whiskey being poured." Bucky throws him a stupid grin before turning away and walking back the way they came.

Sam holds her to that little promise as he watches her go with a grin of his own, and Zemo watches them both with a look of both amusement and disgust. They deserve each other, he thinks bitterly, but then, a deliciously horrid thought occurs to him and he can't simply get rid of it... He could. He doesn't want to.

Maybe Sam lets his gaze drift (briefly) down to her peachy little backside, but she doesn't need to know that. And sadly then, his thoughts, his daydreams are cut short as Zemo's voice yanks him back to reality.

"Oof. You two remind me of my wife and I."

Sam follows him over to the door, watches his every move as he unlocks it and pushes it open. He offers Sam to go first, but Sam shoots him a "yeah right" look before giving him a particularly hard shove inside. That's one for Bucky, he briefly thinks.