The Nazis

The question Bucky expects will come first is indeed the one Ayo asks first. With perfect English (better than most Americans these days) - and that Wakandan accent that Bucky has grown so used to and comforted by, and that she also thinks is so pretty (especially on the women, for some reason) - Okoye's Second asks, "How could you free him?"

"We need his help. Sam needs my help." Bucky gives short answers, but keeps straight to the point. She doesn't have much time before she has to get back to Sam and she knows that Ayo has probably been commanded to end this as quickly as possible.

"With time, will, and the resources," Ayo takes a step closer and shoots her a pointed look as she says those words, as if telling her she should use just them (instead of breaking a sociopath out of prison.) "The Winter Soldier programming was removed from you like a rotten fur."

Like a wolf to its Alpha, Bucky keeps her head low, slowly raises her eyes whenever she responds to the fearless warrior. "And I am grateful for that. More than anything. For everything you and Shuri have done for me." She adds the last part with a quick but meaningful glance.

"Zemo murdered our King T'Chaka. Maybe you have forgotten."

"No."

Ayo sees the slight look of horror in her eyes and is (morbidly) pleased - because at least she remembers that. "You are the woman who chose us to protect her." Ayo steps closer, her tall and lean frame towering slightly over Bucky. She dips her head to level their eyes and adds, "The woman who chose me to protect her."

Bucky can only nod and say, "I understand." She understands the pain Zemo caused them, because he was the very last to hurt her, too, the one that's still the most fresh in her mind.

Ayo raises her head, takes a small step back and stands proud in that exquisite black dress that hugs her figure so perfectly. With a quiet scoff and a shake of her head, she says, "Very little, if anything – of our loss, and our shame."

Bucky finally raises her head, raises her eyes. She stares with both sincerity and determination and speaks in Xhosa – just to show both how much she has truly learned and to show them that she still sees herself as one of them, as she had from the moment they had welcomed her in with open arms. "On vsego lish' sredstvo dlya dostizheniya tseli. On nedolgo budet svoboden. [He is just a means to an end. He will not be free for long.]"

"No. He will not." Ayo replies in English, takes a deep, but slow breath to calm herself and finally nods. "Eight hours, White Wolf." She tells the supersoldier. "Then, we come for him."

Bucky simply nods, hopes her expression shows just how grateful she is as Ayo holds out a hand for the Kimoyo Beads.

[10 Minutes Later.]

Bucky lets herself in, because she's stealthy like that. And when she reaches the living room, Sam is already meeting her halfway with two glasses of whiskey in hand. She takes one with a simple curt nod and huffs her way over to a bar stool.

"Trouble?" Sam asks, just standing in place where she left him.

He looks slightly worried, so Bucky quickly tells him, "The Wakandans are finally here. I bought us a little time. They want Zemo, obviously." She rolls her eyes when he shoots her an "I told you so" look and swallows her drink in one parched gulp before clicking her fingers at Zemo and pointing at her empty glass.

Zemo glares at her, but tops it up for her all the same.

"Were you followed?" Sam asks, slowly moves to sit on one of the comfy cream-coloured couches.

"No." Bucky gulps down the second one, because she fucking needs it after seeing Ayo.

Seeing Ayo is like going to see the fricking Principal. Only worse.