Hate

After some more mindless chit-chat (that secretly neither of them ever really view as actually being mindless), Bucky takes a shower. Just before that though, she asks if Sam needs to do the same. She even manages not to blush, as well as pull that 40s "charm" of hers out (that she thought long dead) for just long enough to suggest - jokingly (kind of) - that he join her. And even after all that's happened between them, Sam still blushes hard enough for the both of them (over that pretty dark skin of his) and Bucky swears she almost lunges right for him when she sees his eyes quickly darken.

Bucky leaves him to stew with a chuckle - giggle - (chuckle! She does not giggle!) But when Bucky returns, she then swears Karma is out to get her, because Sam is now standing at her counter with his back to her, his (wonderful) arms on display over the simple white cotton t-shirt pressed almost too tightly against him. He doesn't turn, doesn't know she's there, and Bucky can't help being a "Winter Creeper" as her eyes stay glued to him for a few moments. Her eyes then trail slowly all the way down (they have a mind of their own, she swears by that, too) his back and settle on his exceptionally firm (and kind of thick) ass. And now, Bucky thinks that Basketball shorts are one of her most favourite things, because she also gets to stare at his "thick ass" legs...

Bucky jumps then when Alpine rushes from behind, whizzes right passed her and over to Sam. She glares at the stupid animal, tries to remember she's just a stupid animal, tries not to want to kill her. Bucky's heart races slightly when he turns and sees her, and until the moment he's arching a brow at her and looking very amused, she hadn't even realised she was leaning against the small archway of the hallway with her arms crossed. Bucky then also has to quickly remember that she'd been calmer than she is now through HYDRA fucking torturing her! Has to remember that she's the Master of Masking.

Even when she knows she's been caught. Even when she knows he knows she's been caught.

Sam swears he wants to do this whole "thing" with Bucky the right way. Even when he's already fricking dry-humped her until he nearly passed out, and even when he had his fingers buried in her up to his fucking knuckles. He still hasn't fully processed that night. Still hasn't fully registered that he made her feel like that. No matter how brief. Sam also swears, however, that she's making it really fucking difficult for him to keep his promises. Although, Sam definitely sees through most of her masks these days, likes to think he knows her well enough now to know when she's trying not to look so adorably embarrassed. He definitely counts that as a win for himself, embarrassment being a thing he rarely sees on her.

"Were you just staring at my ass?" Sam tries not to smirk, fails, folds his arms and leans back on the counter to mirror her.

"It is a nice ass." Bucky's keeps her tone casual. And she will absolutely not be telling him about Nat's stupid choice of words, no matter how much she agrees...

Sam chuckles, nods his agreement. "I told you."

Bucky can't help chuckling, even if she rolls her eyes first.

"I, uh, I ordered some food. That's OK, right?"

Bucky chuckles again, this time at his adorable frown. "Obviously." Honestly, she can't see the problem, knows he's just being polite.

"OK, good." Sam relaxes, smirks as he tells her, "We're having tacos. You ever had 'em?"

Bucky shakes her head. "I know what they are, though."

There's a knock at the door then, as if on cue, and Sam smiles sheepishly as he shuffles over and pulls it open. Bucky watches him close the door, reappearing with three full paper bags in his arms. Her eyes widen a little, a small, but amused smile playing on her lips as she follows him to the kitchen.