Sorry

"So, I'm his favourite, huh?" Bucky is watching Sam finish wrapping the padding around the last tree trunk. After helping him set up the others, her thoughts suddenly drifted back to their last conversation and she can't help smiling to herself as she asks.

"Yeah." Sam turns to face her, sees her expression and can't help smiling, too. "Actually," He tells her, smile widening as he slowly walks over to her. "Since he's been able to read, he's been obsessed with both you and Steve." He chuckles as he adds, "I think he's got a little crush you."

Bucky is grinning, but tries to nonchalantly ask, "And what about you?"

Sam looks slightly confused. "What about me?"

Bucky rolls her eyes at his cluelessness, just barely holds back another grin as she asks, "Am I your favourite, Sam?"

Sam shoots her a slightly withering look, but she can see he's trying not to smile. "I think you know the answer to that already." He rolls his eyes at her when she chuckles, and nudges his shoulder into hers as he passes.

Bucky is grinning as she turns to follow him. She glances over to the house, spots Alpine hopping up onto the porch. "So, she remembers I'm still here. That's nice."

Sam chuckles, glances over to the white fluff ball. He then picks up the shield and holds it out to her. "Wanna do the honours?"

No matter how touched she feels right now, Bucky holds up her flesh hand and shakes her head. "You first, Cap."

Sam shoots her another withering look, but it's only half-hearted. However, he nods and slips his right hand through one of the straps and just feels the weight of it for a moment. He can feel Bucky's eyes on him, but he stays silent.

Bucky watches him line himself up with the closest tree, watches him take a deep breath before tossing the shield as hard as he can. It's not too good, but not too bad of a throw either, though she has to stop herself from stepping in out of instinct when he almost fails to catch it as it darts back to him.

"Shit." Sam hisses, eyes flicking automatically to hers, his then narrowing when he sees her trying to hold on to a smile. "Oh, you think you can do better?" He scoffs when she shoots him a "what'd you think?" look and says, "No metal arms allowed." He then holds the shield out to her again, this time challenging her to take it.

Bucky arches a brow, quickly accepts the challenge with narrowed eyes and takes the shield from him with her right hand. "No metal arms." She nods, even holds her metal arm behind her back and tries not to smirk when he rolls his eyes. She stands beside him, lining herself up with the same tree before tossing the shield. Maybe a little too hard, she thinks, and maybe not too perfectly either. She quickly realises her miscalculated throw, and just in time to move herself in front of Sam as the shield flies towards him. Out of instinct, her metal hand comes up to catch it, and her eyes are instantly wide as she slowly turns to face him.

Sam's eyes are almost as wide, though he looks slightly amused. "The fuck was that, Buck?"

"I'm so fucking sorry." Bucky still looks rather adorably distraught, quickly hands the shield back to him.

"It's fine." Sam laughs. He can see that Bucky doesn't think so, so he quickly tries to distract her by teasing her. "You sure you're right-handed? Or did you just do that on purpose?"

He's happy when it seems to work, because Bucky is then quickly shooting him a withering look. "I'm sure. And no, I did not." She then looks slightly sheepish as she explains, "I've never actually thrown the shield with my right hand before. The last time I ever carried the shield with this one," She lifts her flesh hand. "Is right before I fell." She shoves down the memories, lets the Soldier deal with them instead. "Plus, I usually just let this one take the brunt of everything." She lifts her metal hand, shrugs and says, "Shuri made sure this one doesn't feel too much pain." HYDRA wasn't so giving, of course, but she leaves that part out for now, doesn't want to put a dampener on things. "And I forgot how bouncy the shield is." She ends with a frown.