Kindness.

“Why did you spare me?” Japanese Empire asked the American who was brushing put her hair. "Hum?" America said as he didn't quite get what she said. “Why did you spare me? Why would you just let me die?! Why do you keep forcing me to live!?" She asked as she turned to him and he sighed gently putting the hairbrush down. "You're in a statigic location, you have two kids, your still a person, and I.. your intelligent as all hell why would I let it die just because the body thinks it can't find a new reason to live." America said shaking his head and gently hugged her. She looked down as the floor.

"But what reason do I have? I've dishonored my whole family.." JE said as America ran his hand up and down her back. "You only think that because that is how you where raised. You forget I was raised on the saying live to fight another day and pick your battles. Every life is important and all we want is to see those we love come home. You where strong and now your stronger. You've pushed through and your still alive. I know not everything out there not every hardship you face will make you stronger. Sometimes they only hurt. But here is not one of those times. You get to live to see your kids grow, the nation flourish, and the hope of a new future. You may feel like shit right now and that's understandable." America said as he moved to look her in the eyes.

"But hope is everywhere. Even in the smallest of things. Light seeing the sun rise, hearing a persons voice again, eating a particular food, going to that one small shop one last time. Or big hopes; like living a life free, getting out of a shit job, traveling, getting a house, learning that new skill you've been putting off. You have so many options now don't let them slip through your fingers just because you feel like you let down some dead guys. I know tradition is important but some traditions become harmful and when they become like that. You need to let them go." Japanese Empire sat up and hugged Ame. "Thank you."