3

Bathing hurt. Aurora wasn't aware of the sensitivity of her skin as she lowered into the hot water, as she ran soap along her arms and legs. Her hair was far too matted to clean entirely, so she just soaked it within the suds. She wasn't sure how long she had been there, but the water never ran cold.

"Aurora?" Feyre knocked at the door, creaking it open. Aurora brought her knees to her chest, looking over her shoulder at the female. "I brought you some Night Court attire. Whenever you're finished, there is soup and bread in the dining room." Aurora mouth a response, unsure if the words had made it to the High Lady before she closed the door.

She stood, looking down at her body. It was as clean as it had been before she was brought to the basement. It somehow seemed cleaner. She climbed from the tub, gasping when the murky water began to drain. It was as if the tub knew she had climbed out. Aurora grabbed a towel, sighing at the soft material as she dried her skin.

The clothes Feyre had placed by the door were made is silk, pants and a shirt. Aurora had never worn pants, never allowed as a child and certainly not when she made her own clothes out of rags in the basement. She pulled them on, cringing at the sight of her midriff showing. She'd have to tell Feyre that the clothes were too small.

Her hair was still dripping as she opened the door and padded back to the area she had spotted a table. Feyre was sat at the table, a half empty bowl in front of her as her face twisted. It looked as if she was having an argument in her mind. When she noticed Aurora walking in, she straightened and gave her a smile.

"You look nice, the Night Court attire suits you," Feyre spoke, dipping her head. Aurora glanced down at her midriff.

"Are these not too small? My stomach is bare," Aurora whispered, too afraid that if she spoke any louder, her vocal cords would snap.

"That is the style of clothing here, but I can get you a gown if you're more comfortable in that." Aurora shook her head as she sat across the table. The smell of the soup filled her nose and her hands closed into fists. She had been promised safety, but are they honest? Her eyes flicked to Feyre, who held the bowl in one hand as she spoon fed herself. Aurora's mouth watered.

If poison laid within the soup, it was a risk she was willing to take. Aurora dug into the meal, tearing into the bread and nearly drinking the soup straight of the bowl. Feyre watched her carefully, placing her hand down in front of Aurora.

"Careful. Your body isn't used to meals, eat slowly or you will be sick."

Aurora lowered the bowl to the table, nodding slowly. She copied the High Lady's movements, slowly spooning the soup to her mouth. When the bowl was empty, Aurora held her stomach, which had ballooned with how full she was. Feyre sent her a smile, and the bowls were gone. Magic. Aurora almost forgot about magic.

"Mor will be joining us soon, I have matters to attend to. Are you comfortable with her spending time with you?"

Aurora nodded as she sipped her water. Mor had been the female to bring her from the basement. She had no problem with Mor being around her. Feyre gave her another smile and stood, walking off to some part of the home that Aurora couldn't see. Being alone, the feeling of being watched settled onto Aurora. Her eyes drifted from corner to corner, twitching when she saw a familiar shadow. Had it followed her from the basement? It was the faintest figure of a male, but the tendrils seemed to drift in and out of shape.

"Feyre, I'm here!" Aurora snapped her head to an area near a couch, a stunning woman with golden hair stepped into view. Mor. Aurora slowly glanced back at the corner, the shadows gone. Her eyes moved back to meet Mor's, the female grinning widely.