9

There was three more days of training with Cassian. Aurora couldn't move her body by the morning that Azriel returned. He was expecting her at the training ring, but she made it to the stairs before her legs gave out and she sat upon the bottom step. Azriel walked halfway down before noticing her, clearing his throat. Aurora looked over her shoulder with tired eyes.

"Cassian is a bit more intense with training." Azriel fought the grin that appeared at her words. He went down the rest of the steps, sliding past her.

"Let's sit for breakfast then. I have news to tell you about your brother." Aurora's ears perked up at that and she stood unsteadily and made her way to the table. Porridge and berries were laid in front of her, and she dug right in.

"What have you heard of Aldric?"

Azriel sucked a breath. "I already spoke to the High Lord about this. I heard Aldric speaking to his soldiers on their way into the Dawn Court; he plans to take you back to the Winter Court and bid you off as a sexual punishment to any unruly soldier in training, or as a wife to any that wish to climb the ranks, just as your father did." Azriel nearly choked on his own words, fingers curling into tight fists and shadows rising far above him in threat. Aurora stared at him, chest halting in an intake of breath.

"He believes you've endured enough of the darkness and wants to move to your next fear: Males. Other than pure evil, I didn't understand another reason why he'd choose this. He's furious that you are no longer contained in that basement. I nearly killed them all when I heard the things they said about you. Rhys is planning to meet with Kallias in the upcoming days to speak with him about it. Our borders are being watched and we will know if they come to us."

Aurora finally took in a breath, blinking rapidly. "But I am safe here? They will be stopped if they choose to enter this Court?" Azriel nodded.

"It will raise suspicion if we deny them entry, but we will take them to the Court of Nightmares to search for you, Velaris will continue to be hidden from their eyes," he explained. Velaris. Aurora hadn't been told the name of the city she was in until now. Does that mean they trust her?

"So we just wait until we get word from Kallias or my brother?" Azriel nodded again. Aurora sighed and fought away the fear that climbed up her body enough to eat. They sat in silence for a while longer, until both bowls were empty.

"Feyre told me of her conversation with you about the Autumn Court. We have our emissary, Lucien, coming to meet with you. He is a past member of Autumn Court," Azriel spoke up, making Aurora meet his gaze and freeze. He. Another male. "He is not going to harm you, I will be in the room with you, if that is a comfort. He will be here in an hour," Azriel continued. It was a comfort to know he would be there, though Aurora was still uncomfortable with the idea of meeting Lucien.

"As long as you're there," she breathed out, not realizing the words she said until she saw a flicker of surprise on his face. A face that hardly showed emotion. "I mean, because you are the only person I've truly been around during my time here. I know Mor is not here, otherwise I would ask for her to be present," Aurora quickly explained, the flush heating her cheeks. Azriel didn't seem convinced and Aurora could've sworn she saw a small twitch of the corner of his lips.

"I will be by your side. He was going to meet us here, but if you'd prefer, we can meet him at the estate," Azriel suggested. Aurora glanced around the room as if she'd be able to find a reason not to meet Lucien here.

"No, the House will be fine." He gave her a nod, pushing his bowl away and it disappeared. Aurora did the same.

"Go do whatever you please to get ready to meet him, I will come to your room when he is here."