63

When Azriel came back to the bathing chamber, he didn't question Aurora's need to be hidden from him. He accepted her wish and knelt down behind her, undoing her braid. He took a brush and began running it through her hair, leaning down to leave gentle kisses to her shoulder each time. When her hair was smooth, Azriel nudged her to dip it beneath the water. She did as she was told and then relaxed as his fingers began massaging soap into it. Aurora dipped her hair again to rid it of the suds, and Azriel moved to the side of the tub, running a washcloth up her arm.

Silently, Azriel moved to the end of the tub and washed her feet and legs, and then her other arm. Aurora loved the touch, but didn't want him to move further. She took the cloth from his hand and scrubbed the rest of her body. Azriel took her hand and pressed a soft kiss to the back of it, meeting her eyes.

"Everyone is gathering for breakfast. Would you like me to leave you to dry off?" Aurora nodded and Azriel kissed her cheek before leaving the room. She waited for the door to close before she climbed from the tub and dried off with a towel. Wrapping the towel around herself, she left the bathing chamber. Azriel was sat on the edge of the bed, flipping a dagger in his hand. Aurora felt a small smile rise on her lips when she saw him focusing on trying to land the hilt of the dagger in his palm every time.

Aurora filed through the wardrobe, and settled on a gown. Maybe it was her subconscious wishing to look as nice as the females she knew were downstairs, or it was simply a good day to wear a gown. It was simple: A deep forest green fabric that shifted in the light, a tight bodice, and a flowing skirt to her ankles. It was held up by thin straps, similar to the dress she wore the night before. Aurora glanced at Azriel, who was still playing with the dagger, and she hid behind the door of the wardrobe to drop the towel. Aurora tugged on a pair of underclothes and then the dress. It laced up in the back, but it was a simple design that allowed her to tighten it on her own.

Aurora stepped out from behind the wardrobe and Azriel turned to look at her. His eyes trailed the dress and then up to her face. Azriel's lips quirked up as he stood and approached her.

"Wearing a dress today?" He asked, hands finding her waist and tugging her close to him. Aurora bent her head back to look up at him as she hummed. "You look beautiful." A blush ran up to her cheeks.

"Thank you," she whispered back. His right hand lifted to her jaw, the two fingers twisting into the damp strands of hair as he leaned down. Aurora gratefully accepted the kiss, rising onto her toes and cupping a hand to the back of his neck. She hummed as his tongue ran along her bottom lip and she opened for him. She felt a pang of disappointment when he pulled away.

"Come on, beautiful. There's breakfast downstairs and I'm sure you're hungry after your workout," he muttered, pecking her nose. Aurora clung to his bicep as she followed him out the door, the scent of him and simple touches easing the nerves. Those same jolts of anxiety she felt the night before rose again with each step down.

The clattering of cutlery against plates was heard, a low hum of tired voices. Aurora swallowed the anxiety that rushed through her as they reached the dining room. Tired eyes lifted but Aurora met the gaze of only one. Gwyn, as beautiful as ever with messy hair strung down over her shoulders, clad in the silk button down she had seen last night, and a pair of silk shorts. Her knee was hugged to her chest as she spread butter over a piece of toast. Aurora felt Azriel stiffen, he must not have known they'd stayed the night.

"Good morning," Feyre chirped as she poured a cup of juice for Nyx, who was stationed on her knee. Aurora sent her a gentle smile, which fell when her eyes landed on Rhysand. He had a hard stare at Azriel, then shifted to Gwyn, then Aurora. She saw some emotion in his eyes that she couldn't quite understand until he spoke within her mind.