65

After her time alone with Azriel, Aurora cleaned up and changed back into her gown. She remembered quite late that she agreed to go into town with Mor and Elain. Pressing a quick kiss to Azriel and still trying to shove her feet into her shoes, Aurora raced down the stairs. She could hear voices in the sitting room so she hurried into the room, skidding to a stop when she saw everyone.

Nesta, Emerie, and Gwyn were huddled onto the couch with a book in Emerie's lap, the other two reading from it. Mor, Cassian, and Elain sat in the opposite chairs. Everyone's eyes shot up to her, Mor and Elain rising from their seats to leave with Aurora. Cassian held a wide grin on his lips, fingers rhythmically tapping on the knee of his crossed leg.

"Sounds like you and Az had a wild time up there," Cassian mused, raising a brow at Aurora. She blushed fiercely, smoothing the skirt of her dress. Gwyn quickly faced the book in Emerie's lap and Elain cleared her throat.

"Be quiet," Aurora snapped, sending Cassian a vulgar gesture before turning and following Mor and Elain out of the room.

"I thought we could go shopping for some clothes, maybe other things if we find anything, and then get some food," Mor explained, changing the subject. Elain and Aurora nodded in agreement. As they left the estate, Mor's face twisted with a cocky grin. "It's my treat, we'll, Rhysand's."

Aurora grinned back and Elain did the same. She hoped that their time together would smooth things over between them, if there really was anything to smooth over. The three of them travelled into the busier town streets, fae of all kinds bustling around. Aurora observed everything silently, following the other two as they walked into a store. A bell chimed against the door as they entered, Mor on a mission to some back corner. Aurora and Elain followed quietly, waving hello to the clerk at the counter.

"I've been coming here for years," Mor began, filing through some dresses hung along a rack. Aurora quirked a brow, noting that these gowns were far more elaborate and embellished than she normally wore, but definitely something Mor would wear. She pulled out a long gown in her classic red, as well as a green dress, black dress, and a violet color. She split off and hurried to a closed off area that Aurora guessed was where she'd try them on.

"These seem expensive," Aurora muttered, glancing up at Elain. She was looking at a lavender colored gown with silver embellishments. Elain looked over her shoulder and nodded with pursed lips before turning back to the dress. Aurora sighed and circled a rack, running her hand along the dresses. One caught her eye: A long dress of a cream fabric, similar to the one she had borrowed the night before. It had a corset bodice, the straps of a white lace that trimmed the neckline. Roses and vines were embroidered throughout the entire dress, ones of the brilliant red that Mor dressed in often, and the deep green that was often in the Winter Court.

"That's very pretty," Elain murmured as she approached, the lavender gown laid over her arm. Aurora nodded as she ran her thumb over the threads of one of the roses. "You should get it, Mor said Rhysand is paying for it all."

"I don't know, it seems expensive," Aurora sighed, dropping the dress and turning to Elain, who shrugged.

"You don't have any clothes that are your own. You've got all of our old clothes. Get something that you like," Elain pressed. It was then that Mor came sauntering toward them, all four dresses in tow.

"I love them all," she grinned. Elain held up the lavender dress.

"Can I get this?" Mor nodded, looking over the sparkling fabric.

"Of course! Like I said, Rhys is paying. He's got more money than he'd ever need," Mor responded with a laugh. Elain giggled with her and tucked the dress in her arm, but then grabbed the dress that Aurora was looking at and held it up.