17

Three days passed and Aurora kept herself locked in her room whenever they weren't training. Azriel hadn't tried to speak with her the entirety of the days. Training was silent besides his instruction when she'd do something wrong.

She was onto her second book, nearly
finished with it. Her legs were curled up beneath her on top of the blankets, finger grazing her lips as she read. The plot has thickened between the two lovers, and Aurora was two pages deep into a smutty chapter that had her two curling. Her mind continuously flicked back to how close she was to Azriel just a few days ago, how she was nude in front of him. The way he had reacted to seeing her body, the way his arousal had wrapped around her.

Aurora cleared her throat, blinking back to the pages. She could feel the need growing within her, and wondered if she could do what the characters in her book did when they were alone. Could she please herself? With a shake of her head, Aurora decided to ignore it and continue reading. The ache grew with each sentence, the female getting close to her orgasm with every touch of the male's tongue. Aurora bit her lip and squeezed her thighs together. The male flicked his tongue against-.

A knock at the door made her groan under her breath. "Come in," she called, tucking her book away. Her eyes widened when a shirtless Azriel appeared in the open doorway. The warmth in her belly heated more.

"Aldric was caught just before our borders a few hours ago by Kallias's troops. He's captured and being held within the cells at the Winter Court," he spoke lowly, throat bobbing and muscles tight. Aurora let out a relieved breath, blinking rapidly as her eyes fell to her hands.

"Thank the Mother. So he is no longer pursuing me?" Her breath caught in her throat when she looked up to see Azriel much closer to her bed. He nodded slowly. Aurora's lips parted, but Azriel took another step, and then lowered to his knees. Her brows pinched together, breathing growing heavier.

"Aurora, I can't do this," he muttered, eyes aligned with hers now. She swallowed, leaning back slightly. Rhysand said she could not act on her feelings, but one of their threats have been diminished. Could she just have a taste? Would he know?

"What do you mean?" She breathed out. His eyes fell to her lips, to her throat, to her breasts covered by the thin material of her sleeping gown.

"Tell me you want me, Aurora. Tell me you want me to touch you." Her eyes widened, and fuck, she wanted him. She knew he could scent the way her body begged for him, the wetness between her thighs. She certainly could taste the smokey citrus on her tongue. What would happen if she said yes? Would Rhysand show up and berate them for not following orders? Azriel was a warrior, he knew not to betray his High Lord's wishes. Would her choice affect his job in this Court? His friendship with Rhysand?

"I- Can-," Aurora couldn't get the words out. Her eyes studied him before her. The way his hazel eyes seemed to lure her in, his lips parted and so kissable. His dark hair was a mess, waves falling atop his forehead. His shadows were lingering as a second silhouette to his body, just above his shoulders, and his wings, Cauldron, his wings. They were spread behind him, asking for her to touch them.

"Please," he whispered, and her eyes fell back to his. He was begging her to say yes. She wanted to, more than anything. Aurora swallowed again as she nodded. Azriel leaned forward, just inches from her face. "Say it."

"Please, touch me," Aurora muttered, her eyes falling to his lips. Azriel took the chance. His hand went to her jaw and he pressed his lips to hers. Aurora gasped against his lips, but placed her hand to his chest and kissed him back. It was gentle at first, utterly perfect. His lips moved with hers in sync. His tongue ran along her bottom lip, and Aurora parted, letting him in. When the kiss grew deeper, Azriel lifted from the ground. Their lips didn't leave each other's as he sat beside her. Aurora rose from her heels slightly, humming when his hand ran along her bare calf. She pulled away to catch her breath, blinking her eyes open when Azriel's hand rose to her thigh.