67

Aurora was doing her best not to get a mouthful of Azriel's wings as he carried her toward the stairs.

"Why would you announce that?" She asked, smacking a hand to his shoulder. Azriel kept his hand on her thigh, the paper bag crumbled in his other fist.

"I didn't have a good excuse, figured they should know what they're about to hear," Azriel murmured. Aurora kicked her legs again, trying to get out of his grip.

"Put me down!" She demanded, sending another closed fist against his shoulder. Azriel slowed to a stop and sighed, shifting them so that her body slid down and she was standing again. Her hair was falling over her face as she glared up at him. Azriel just responded with a sweet smile.

"I thought you've been trying to get me to fuck you that whole time we were sitting there, why are you being stubborn, Aurora?" Her cheeks heated at his words.

"Well, I do, I just can't believe you announced that to the entire room!" Aurora snapped, not truly upset but playing into the stubborn act he had set out for her. Azriel dropped the paper bag beside him, stepping closer to her. Aurora's breath hitched when his hand snaked behind her waist and tugged her body against his. He clicked his tongue as he leaned his head down, lips against her ear.

"Keep looking at me like that and we won't make it to your bedroom. I'll fuck you against the staircase if that's what you want."

Aurora was sure he could hear her pulse, because that's all she could hear in the moment. He pressed a kiss to her cheek before straightening and looking down at her, rough fingers trailing down her jaw then wrapping around her chin. Aurora gasped when he jerked her chin up so that she was looking straight up at him. The touch sent heat to every inch of her body.

Aurora had no words for him, not after that. The way he studied her face, his thumb tugging on her bottom lip. She knew in that moment that she'd follow every order he sent her way.

"Come on, Aurora, are you going to be a good girl or do you want me to fuck you in this corridor?" Azriel teased, pushing his thumb between her lips. She kept her eyes on his as she took it into her mouth, teeth settling on the skin. She watched his tongue run across his bottom lip as he watched her.

"Oh, um, I was hoping I could talk to Aurora."

Azriel didn't move his thumb from her lips as he looked over his shoulder at whoever had spoken. Aurora's eyes went wide, knowing whose delicate voice spoke.

"We're a bit busy, Gwyn. I'll send her to you later," Azriel bit out, turning back to look down at Aurora.

"I've been meaning to talk to her. Just for a few minutes?" Azriel groaned, pulling his thumb from Aurora's mouth. She didn't have the chance to steady herself because he had leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. Aurora felt the need in the kiss, the anger toward the interruption, the desperation to continue what they had been doing. He pulled away slowly, sending her a wink before reaching down and grabbing the bag from the floor. Azriel slid around Aurora, pulling a strand of her hair from her shoulder as he did.

"Make it quick, I'll be waiting," he said before going up the stairs. Aurora's eyes fell to Gwyn, who was standing just behind where Azriel had been standing. Aurora felt rage simmer in her stomach but pushed it away with a heavy breath.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" Aurora asked, crossing her arms. She was far too impatient. Gwyn's throat worked on a swallow as her eyes flicked up to the top of the staircase and then back to Aurora.

"I wanted to talk to you about the tension I've been feeling between us. I feel as though you don't enjoy my company-." Aurora scoffed, not able to suppress it.