79

The morning was late, the estate silent. Aurora slept with her head on Azriel's chest, his arm wrapped around her bare back. His cold body felt soothing in the heat of the room. Aurora shifted slightly, stilling when she felt a thigh between her own, a torso against her back. Heat radiated from them, giving her a taste of both temperatures. Aurora's eyes peeled open and she lifted her head, looking down at her mate. Azriel's head was to the side, his lips parted with small puffs of air. Aurora felt a shift in the thigh between her legs, a gasp leaving her when it came in contact with her very bare core.

She looked over her shoulder, eyes widening when she saw Helion sleeping behind her. She didn't remember falling asleep, so there was no doubt she couldn't remember Helion falling asleep behind her. Her eyes blinked slowly. It was surreal to imagine a High Lord pressed against her back, especially one she had met the day before. Her cheeks heated at the thought.

Aurora desperately needed to relieve herself in the bathing chamber and a bath sounded just as nice. She held her breath as she pushed up onto her hand, slowly shifting her leg from beneath Helion's. He stirred slightly, his arm coming down over her waist. She bit back a yelp when the weight of it made her fall back onto the mattress. With a deep inhale, she grabbed his hand and slowly moved it back over to himself. When she was free, Aurora began to twist until she was hovering over Azriel, her right leg still held beneath Helion's.

Hands caught her at the waist and Aurora's eyes widened as they snapped up to Azriel. He was looking down at her with sleepy eyes.

"Where are you going?" He asked, tugging her body to lay on his. Aurora felt Helion's thigh rise higher on her own, her cheeks going flush. Azriel raised a brow as he looked to the side, observing the High Lord, and then back to Aurora.

"I have to pee," she whispered, making him grin.

"Are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact that a naked High Lord is asleep in the bed?" Aurora blushed more.

"It may have a little to do with that," she confessed. Azriel stifled a laugh and let go of her waist. Aurora took the chance to slide off his body and let her feet hit the floor. Her legs nearly went out as she stood, grasping the edge of the bed.

"Are you alright?" Azriel asked, propping himself on his elbows. Aurora nodded, straightening again.

"I'm a bit sore," she murmured. Aurora began her painful walk to the bathing chamber only to stop when Azriel whispered her name. She looked over her shoulder, holding onto the doorframe. Her wild hair slightly blocked her view of her mate.

"I love you," Azriel called out in a hushed tone. Aurora somehow blushed deeper, blowing him a kiss before disappearing into the bathing chamber. She used the toilet and then drew herself a bath. The scent of the lavender soap was intoxicating, along with the steam that rose from the hot water. When it was full, Aurora tied her hair up and lowered herself beneath the surface.

She sighed happily, soaking for a few minutes before cleaning herself up. It was a quick bath, but necessary after the dried sweat and... Other liquids from the night before. She made a mental note to wash the sheets as well.

Aurora climbed from the bath and dried off, wrapping the towel around herself. She made her way back into the bedroom to see Azriel now dressed and Helion tugging his linen shorts on. They both turned to look at her. Aurora held the towel at the top, blushing.

"I must say, I think I'll be paying the Night Court more visits if it means to have another night with you two," Helion mused, standing straight. Aurora grinned at him, then looked over at Azriel. He was studying her body, his bottom lip between his teeth.