6

It took two weeks before Aurora could no longer focus on the words. Her eyes burned and her brain mixed the words all together on the page. She had been mainly alone, sensing that Azriel had been in the House at times, but Mor had to go to a different court, and Feyre was High Lady- she couldn't focus on Aurora everyday.

Aurora could now eat another meal, one in the morning and one in the evening. Every meal was taken alone, though food appeared on the table when she was ready for it. This morning, she was blinking rapidly as she tried to focus on the same page for an hour, legs crossed on the chair at the dining table. Footsteps sounded, telling her that Azriel wanted her to be aware of his presence.

"Good morning," he spoke, grabbing a glass of water. Aurora looked up at him, her mouth going dry. He was still in sleeping clothes, loose fabric pants and no shirt.

"Good morning," she whispered in response, tearing her eyes from him and back to the book.

"Did you eat dinner yesterday?" Aurora nodded, though didn't look up. "And the day before?" Now she looked up, forcing her eyes to stay on his face, which wasn't much easier than his body.

"I did. I have had two meals for three days now." He gave her a nod, walking up to her. He was testing her, though she didn't know. He was incredibly close to her, abdomen mere inches from her face. Her neck was craned, throat bobbing as she kept her eyes on his. Azriel knew that if they began training, he'd have to be close to her, touch her to adjust footing or position.

Azriel squatted, his face now level with hers. Aurora felt her chest rising and falling, heavy breaths of either fear or flustering, she wasn't sure. Azriel held his hand out, swallowing hard. He may have been testing himself, as well. Aurora glanced down at it, the palm face up at her. Her hand shook as she lifted it, slowly letting it rest in his.

Azriel gave her a small smile when her full weight of her hand was sat in his, his fingers closing over hers. She passed the test, and he now knew he'd be able to get close if necessary during training.

"Let's start today. Finish your breakfast and dress in pants and a shirt, it is warm outside but wear something flexible. I'm sure Mor left something in there." She gave him a slow nod and he dropped her hand after a squeeze, standing and walking towards the corridor. Aurora let out a slow breath, it was the first kind physical interaction she had had with a man.

She ate her breakfast quickly, careful not to make herself sick, and went to her room. Shuffling through the closet, there were trousers, leathers, leggings, sleeveless shirts, several items she could wear in training. She tugged on the small she could find, leggings that still hung on her waist, thick socks, and a sleeveless top that was meant to be tight and short on the waist, easy to move in, but it, too, drooped and was no where near skin tight as it should be. Her hair was still in the braid that Mor had placed it in a week ago, completely brushed through and no longer matted.

The first time Aurora had washed her hair without the matting, it had felt incredibly soft. Hair stuck out from around the braid now, but it still was neat and held it back. Tugging on leather boots with a cringe at the suffocating feeling, Aurora made her way to the sitting room. Azriel was sat on the couch, flipping through her most recent book. He was dressed in training clothes: Form fitting pants and a sleeveless tunic. His wings always made her breath hitch, tall and wide.

"Ready?" Azriel asked, closing the book and looking up at her. His shadowed gaze traveled down her new clothes and back up to her face. Aurora nodded, and he stood. Az showed her the way to the rooftop training ring, the sun making her gasp. It seemed brighter outside, so much warmer. It had been so long since the sun truly hit her skin, not just through a window.