4

Aurora was still, as was Azriel. Mor glanced between them, brows furrowing. Their eyes didn't move from each other's. Aurora didn't know why, but she felt as if he'd disappear if she even blinked. Azriel thought she'd run away as soon as he did.

"Azriel is skilled in training, and could help if you choose to do so. He helped Feyre, he helped Nesta. He could help you," Mor spoke up, breaking the two's eye contact. Aurora looked to her, studying her face a moment before returning to Azriel. He was frightening, intimidating with his power, his sense, his looks. She could see the trust in his eyes, the calmness. He wouldn't hurt her, but it didn't mean she had to be comfortable.

"Maybe eventually," Aurora whispered. She noted the bob of his throat, the slight nod he gave her. He was silent, just as she was.

"Rhys- The High Lord was hoping to meet with you again today. To learn of your experiences. If you prefer, Feyre or I could be there, or just relay the message," Mor turned to Aurora. She met her eyes, glancing to Azriel and back to Mor. She had survived meeting Rhys the first time, she had survived meeting Azriel. She could handle more, maybe even meeting the other one of the brothers. She'd like to see Feyre again, as well.

"I will meet him. I would like to meet all of them," Aurora murmured, looking down at her hands. She felt the shift in the room, the observation of her.

"Even Cassian?" Mor asked, and Aurora nodded.

"I survived the High Lord the first time, and Azriel as well. I can survive a meeting with them all."

"Very well. I'll get you a change of clothes. We have gowns from when the sisters first arrived, ones made to fit their bodies. I'll collect a few of them and bring them to you. Are- Can you be alone with Azriel for a few moments?"

Aurora's head snapped to Mor, eyes wide. Mor began to part her lips to take back her words, but Aurora nodded. Her eyes slid to Azriel again, who was still standing stiff and staring at her. This would be her first test, could she handle being alone with a male? She had the sense that Azriel would leave as soon as she requested.

"Okay, I will be back soon. Sit, eat breakfast," Mor smiled and made her way down a corridor. Aurora felt her legs tremble as she carried herself to the table and sat on the far end, facing Azriel. He cleared his throat and sat as well. She slowly fed herself the steaming porridge and berries, eyes trailing along his wings, his leathers, the gems on his gear. She studied his face, the cold stare melting away as soon as she did. Say something.

"What are your gems for?" She whispered, still afraid to use her full voice. Azriel glanced down at his siphons, flexing his hand a bit.

"They siphon my magic, keeps it at bay. Cassian has seven, as well. We are Illyrian, and the more powerful warriors have one or two siphons to control their magic," he explained in the shadowy voice she began to learn was only for her ears. He spoke clearly for anyone else, but when he spoke his name, when he explained these siphons, his voice seemed to swirl around her, caress her skin.

"Warriors have one or two? And you both have seven?" Aurora asked, another spoonful of porridge. Her stomach ached already. Azriel glanced down, as if sensing that she was already full from the few bites she took. Her arm covered the showing midriff, the bloating in her stomach.

"Yes," he answered simply. It was enough. Aurora now knew he was one of the two most powerful warriors of the Illyrians. She had learned about them as a child. Her father hated them. He thought his army to be the best in all of Prythian, but the Illyrians proved him wrong.

"Do your shadows speak to you?" Aurora blurted. Azriel just stared at her a moment.

"They do."

"What do they tell you?" He blinked once, studying her.