42

Azriel clenched his jaw, stepping closer as Aurora opened the door.

"You're what?" He asked, those shadows rising like she knew they would.

"I'm going to go join Cassian and Nesta in bed," Aurora repeated, and she slipped into the hall. Azriel followed, fists clenched. "Where is their room?" Aurora asked, lifting a brow. Azriel ran his tongue along the inside of his cheek with a shake of his head.

"Third floor, fourth on the left," he stated simply. Aurora was shocked he would tell her, that he didn't put up more of a fight. Instead of saying anything more, she turned and headed for the stairs. Even with the intoxication adding confidence, her hands shook. Did she want to do this? She'd only shared her body with Azriel, those scars and everything else. Before that, it had never been anything pleasing.

Would Nesta laugh at her for thinking the offer was genuine? Would Cassian agree? Aurora rose to the top step of the third floor, her eyes falling onto the door. As she grew nearer, Aurora took a swig from the bottle. This wasn't just revenge, was it? No, this was another step in becoming comfortable in her body. Not only being vulnerable with another male, but a female, too. Allowing another person to see the scars on her body.

Aurora stepped in front of the door, raising a fist to knock. She watched her hand tremble and felt the spin in her head. With a sigh, she lowered her hand and chugged the rest of the wine. She sat it beside the door and with another heavy breath, she knocked. Aurora stepped back, fumbling with the fabric of her pants. The door opened and a shirtless Cassian appeared. His brows furrowed as he looked her over.

"Aurora? Is everything okay?" He asked, stepping back and opening the door wider. Aurora took the invitation and walked in, eyes falling on Nesta, who was laying in the large bed. She sat up on her elbow, a concerned look on her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked, sitting up fully now. Aurora nodded, eyes flashing to Cassian who stood beside her.

"Um, I told Az about your offer," she murmured, looking back at Nesta. She grinned, nodding for her to continue. "And he told me where to find your room," Aurora finished. Cassian scoffed, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"And what was this offer, Nes?" Aurora's face went red as she looked at Nesta again. Nesta was grinning wider, her teeth taking her lip between them.

"My offer was for Aurora to join us in bed," she explained. Cassian choked on a breath, head whipping back to Nesta.

"Are you serious?" He asked, and Nesta nodded.

"Only if you're okay with it." Cassian thought for a moment, and the smell of smokey citrus filled Aurora's nose. She wondered who it came from, who was aroused with this idea. He nodded, turning back to look at Aurora. His eyes darkened as he looked her over.

"As long as Azriel doesn't kill me, I'm fine with it," he spoke. Aurora turned to Nesta, eyes widening slightly.

"And you?" Nesta asked, moving the blankets from her body and sitting on the edge of the bed. She was in a sheer nightgown, everything visible beneath. Aurora snapped her eyes up to Nesta's. Was she? The bond inside of her was screaming at her not to, but what part was whispering 'yes'? With a tremble in her breath, Aurora nodded. Cassian glanced at Nesta with a smirk, standing from his seat on the bed.

"Words, Aurora," he spoke, voice low. Nesta bit her lip as she grinned again, leaning forward so she leaned on her hands.

"Yes," Aurora breathed out, eyes flicking to Cassian. He stalked forward, hand on her arm as he walked behind her.

"Nes, are you okay with this?" Cassian asked, hand resting on her shoulder. Nesta nodded, eyes not leaving Aurora.

"Yes, I am," she murmured, voice at a similar tone to Cass. Aurora felt her body tense as Cassian's hand went to the hem of her shirt that laid just above her navel, warm fingers running along the bare skin.