32

"I'm going to the House of Wind tonight," Elain called out as she left the dining table. Azriel sent Rhysand a wink as he rose and followed the female. Rhysand just grumbled and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. Aurora felt like doing the same. She had finished her plate and was now shoving it forward for whatever magical entity to take it away. She downed her second glass of wine and shoved her chair back.

"Hey," Nesta spoke, catching her arm. Aurora looked down at her.

"I'm up for some night time training if you are, I'll bring the wine," Nesta whispered the last of her words with a wink. Rhysand had obviously heard it, because he shoved his chair back and began cursing Nesta under his breath as he made his way to the wine cellar door.

"I'd love that. I think during the summer I'm going to do more self training at night," Aurora responded, leaning against Nesta's chair. Feyre finished her own wine and sent the two females a smile.

"Enjoy your night, you two. I'm off to go wake Nyx, please try not to piss Rhys off too much," she spoke, landing a soft kiss to Nesta's cheek, who rolled her eyes and patted her younger sister's hair.

"We will do our best, but he's always angry," Nesta responded as Feyre sent her an amused glare and walked off towards the stairs. Rhysand emerged with bottles of wine in his arms. He handed two bottles of white wine to Aurora, and two of red to Nesta. Aurora eyed the three bottles left that were tucked under his arm. He sent her a sly grin as he slid past the two.

"These are for me." Aurora fought her laugh as she watched him follow Feyre up the stairs with his bottles of wine. Nesta snorted and stood from her chair. Cassian, who Aurora had nearly forgotten was there, stood with her.

"I'm staying at our room here tonight, I don't want to hear Az and Elain. She's way too vocal," Cass cringed, kissing Nesta's head before heading to the stairs. Aurora thought back to when she had first been touched by Azriel. Promise me you'll be vocal. Maybe Elain was what he really wanted. The taste of wine seemed more enticing now.

"I'll go get changed and I'll meet you at the ring," Nesta said to Aurora before hurrying up the stairs after Cass. Left alone to her own self, Aurora tucked the bottles of wine in her arms and began marching out to the training ring. She was still dressed from her earlier combat with Azriel.

Aurora plopped down on the center of the training ring, setting one bottle beside her and opening the other. She was grateful that Rhys had given her a bottle with a lid rather than a cork. She tipped her head back and began drinking, leaning back on her arm and crossing her legs. The night was silent, peaceful. Aurora turned her gaze the darkening sky. This is the darkness she enjoyed, the stars and moon kissing the ground beneath them.

"Can I have some?" Aurora's head fell back further with a groan before lifting it to meet hazel eyes.

"Don't you have a date with Elain?" Aurora sneered, taking another drink. Azriel grinned as he sat next to her and snatched the opened bottle from her hands.

"Not a date. We're having a sleepover," he responded. Aurora watched his lips touch the bottle as he drank. When he handed the bottle back, she lifted her gaze back to his eyes.

"Then why are you out here?" Aurora snapped. Azriel's handed the bottle back to her, which she gladly drank. She'd need more bottles if he planned to sit here for a while.

"I forgot my dagger out here earlier. I saw you and decided to give you company," Azriel responded. His eyes trailed across her face as she glared at him.

"Nesta will be out here soon." Azriel shrugged at her words, flicking his eyes to the estate before returning to her face.

"She's getting changed in a room with Cassian, she's going to be a while." Aurora cringed, bringing her knees up. She tipped the bottle back again, and when it left her lips, she stared up at the stars again. She felt Azriel's presence, heard how his body moved closer to her. She felt the caress and whisper of shadows along her skin. The tip of his wing appeared in her vision, and Aurora turned her head down to see him nearly touching her shoulder.