23

When Aurora began walking back towards the doors, she didn't look back at the males that waited behind her. She heard Azriel and Rhysand arguing, but their words didn't cut through the roaring in her ears. The sword in her hand was incredibly heavy, but adrenaline allowed her to lift it with ease. When the doors swung open, she was entirely consumed by fury. Her eyes set on Lucien, his body still limp as he hung by those rusted chains.

"Hello Lucien," Aurora mused as the doors began to close behind her. She didn't recognize the voice that left her, everything she felt was foreign. His head lifted slowly and lazily, but a grin lifted on his bloodied face.

"Hello, Aurora. Come to pay me a visit?" He croaked, and she nearly cringed at the sound of his voice. It truly sounded as if his vocal cords had been torn apart.

"Something like that," she responded, stopping just a foot from him. Lucien looked down at the sword in her hand, his brow raising.

"Those boys don't expect you to use a sword, do they? Such a weak little girl, you couldn't harm an insect," Lucien spat, his teeth stained pink by the blood in his mouth. Aurora lifted the sword, digging the point of it beneath his chin. Lucien was forced to lift his head against the wall.

"Do not underestimate me," Aurora snapped. Lucien just continued to smile.

"So, let me guess, you've learned the truth of your lineage and come in search of answers? Isn't that sweet? You're my sister, Aurora." Aurora grinned, realizing Lucien didn't know everything. She could use her knowledge against him.

"Oh, little spy, you don't know about your own lineage? Why do you not share the skin of your brothers? Why do you have different abilities than those in the Autumn Court? Haven't you learned by now that you're a bastard, just like me?" Aurora asked in a sweet voice. She truly was allowing her rage to walk her through this. She never could expect such ferocity from herself.

Lucien's smile faltered, and she noted the small twitch in his brows. Her grin grew. "I've suspected things. What do you know?" He asked, the straining in his voice returning.

"Darker skin, ability to break spells, healing abilities? Who does that sound like, Lucien? Certainly not Beron." His bloodshot eyes searched her face before widening.

"Helion?" Aurora didn't answer, just twisted the tip of the sword against his skin. Lucien swallowed, eyes closing.

"Okay, so now that you understand that we are not related, how about giving me answers? Beron, does he know of my existence?" Aurora asked. Lucien shrugged to his best ability, his grin returning.

"I can't know what Tamlin has shared if I'm locked in here, can I?" Anger rose in her stomach, and she pressed the sword into his skin deeper. Crimson trickled down the blade.

"Don't get smart with me. Does Eris know? Has he visited you? I've heard he resides in the Hewn City often." Lucien kept his smile, not answering. Aurora gritted her teeth, pulling the sword from his throat and swinging it. The tip sliced his pectoral, and a shout of anguish left him. "Tell me!" She shouted. Lucien clenched his jaw, eyes fluttering as he pushed away the pain.

"He has. Eris knows you exist, knows that you live in the House of Wind, and knows about Azriel," Lucien responded in a much more hoarse voice. Aurora's eyes twitched, the tip of the sword returning to the fresh cut on his chest. Lucien groaned at the feeling.

"Knows what about Azriel?" Did he somehow know that Azriel and her had been intimate? Would he use that against the Night Court, just as Rhysand predicted?

"Oh, please. You've had centuries of cock in you and there's only one you can't resist?" Lucien snarled, and Aurora flinched. Now she wasn't going to hold back, not with those words slicing her skin as the sword did to his. She lifted the sword and swung again. It made contact on his waist, a deep cut immediately spraying blood. She tasted the metallic sting on her lips as she opened her mouth. Lucien roared in pain, the sound echoing through the cavern. She could've sworn a different set of roars came from beneath their feet.