8-Meet the new royal✔

ZELDA POV

¡TOCK-TOCK!

And now what do they want? Can't they see I am in my room doing absolutely NOTHING, is that not punishment enough?
I suppose not, HE still needs to submit me to a reprimand for trying to run away AGAIN... why did HE married my mom? I will never understand that move, what is there to gain for him? Sure, she is beautiful but WE HAVE NOTHING that could interest a noble, we were left almost bankrupt after my dad left.

The Princess abruptly opens her door "WHAT"

"Princess, it is demanded of you to show up well dressed at the dining room for dinner" answers her regular maid.

"Well dressed? What is the occasion?" Zelda asks a little curious.

"For you to meet and mingle with the new royal family member"

"WHAT? A NEW FAMILY MEMBER? WHY?" Zelda yells exasperated

"I have been notified that my king decided to adopt a boy"

THIS CAN NOT BE!!! How stupid and inconsiderate is this fucking King? Does mother know about this? she is not healthy enough to take raise an infant... I believed he doesn't really care about us, that our job is just to be a screen, his perfect picture family, since he DOES need a wife and kid to be respected, but I never thought he would put my mother's health at risk to satisfy his ego.

"I am not going to show up for this" she begins to close the door, but the maid stops her and looks at Zelda desperately

"PLEASE reconsider princess, I have orders to drag you down to the dining room if you refuse, I really don't want to do that to you, PLEASE" the maid begs

Zelda sights "Give me a few minutes" the maid looks at her with gratitude.

He wants me to be well dressed... meaning nobles are expected to arrive... who is leaking information? I fucking hate this lack of private life, I regret ever telling my mom I could be a princess, she did ask me if I was ok with it before getting married, I was 4, I had no idea of the shit hole I was diving in, I thought I was going to be happy... the castle IS a beautiful cage, good food and the only place in Hyrule with electricity, but still a cage.

Zelda fixed her hair and changed her dress before being escorted to the dining room by her maid, once they arrived, the maid excused herself and left. Zelda proceeds to take her seat glaring at the queen and the king with anger. Both adults choose to ignore this since they are used to her antics.

"Are you SURE he knows he is supposed to show up for dinner? And here I thought my daughter was going to be the one showing up late" the Queen says rolling her eyes

"Relax darling, it's not dinner time yet, he will show up on time" the King glares at the door with determination

He is going to come? Meaning... he can walk himself here? He is not a baby then, well that a LITTLE better, BUT we still don't know of his past, if he has modals, his hygiene habits, damn... he could be a disease carrier, I still find the kings decision really stupid.

TAP, TAP, TAP!!! The king smiles hearing those steps "He is getting here; you both are going to treat him with respect"

I am not making any promise

Link enters the dining room, his hair a little shorter, wearing a nice jacket with trousers and a belt with shoes that combine with his umber-colored gloves. He makes a small incline.

"Good evening my Lord and beautiful ladies present" Link greets them.

The Queen rolls her eyes "do yourself a favor and refer to me and my daughter with respect... by that I mean using our honorific titles, ladies is such a vulgar term, but what was I expecting from someone of your status"

DAMN RIGHT MOM, you show him, I should also take a hit but... the king looks murderous right now... still, I am rooting for you mom.

Link raises his head, looks straight at the Queen and smiles "Lady IS an honorific title, it refers to an elegant and educated woman, and those are the only two assumptions I am allowing myself to make about the present female population, since we have not been formally introduced... I happen to know it's wrong to be guessing noble titles around, if ever incorrect, I may insult. A safer course of action is to wait for an introduction before addressing using titles, or do I have my intel incorrect?"

The Queen opened her mouth but shut it instantly and squints her eyes at Link.

WTF JUST HAPPENED? Did he just reply to the queen's assault and left her speech less? WHO THE FUCK DOES HE THINKS HE IS... wait... I know him... he is the boy I fell on top of earlier today

"JAJAJAJAJAJAJA" the King laughs mockingly, lifting the tension in the room immediately "and I thought I was going to spend the whole dinner defending you from these piranhas"

"Lionfish... would be a more accurate comparison if I may suggest mi lord, beautiful but venomous" Link states staring at the Queen and the Princess.

The King turns to also look at both of them for a few seconds "you are absolutely right my boy, do take a seat" the King claps and immediately servants enter with the dinner trays and place them at the table

Which is the lionfish? Why does he know about sea life? Why does the king? Is it common knowledge or something? I should do some research... NO, of course not, I won't let a commoner make me do something, even if out of curiosity.

Ding! The sound of a bell was heard, the king raises his eyes to the door as a servant enters, he whispers something to the King's ear, then leaves as quickly as he came.

"We have company, the Duke of Akkla accompanied by a Conde of the same territory" the King says massaging his temples

"What should I do my King? I could leave if you need me to, I don't want to interfere" says Link

"What are you talking about? It's you they came to see... I am sure... they want to meet you and probably talk about you all week... would you do me a favor? Let's give them something to talk about" the King says winking his left eye "OH, I had forgotten... let's do this quickly, the ladies present are Queen Claire Harkinian and Princess Zelda Harkinian, and me... Doble D Nohansen, King of Hyrule" the King smirks mischievously at Link.

What? Why does he present himself like that? What is wrong with Daphnes?

Zelda turns to look at the Queen searching for an explanation, but the Queen stares back at her dumbfounded, Link lowers his head in shame.

"I... am sorry my King, I was not thinking straight when I called you that, I was angry at your employee, but that is no excuse, I should not have referred to you so disrespectfully" Link apologizes.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I LOVE IT!!!, sounds like the name I want to use if I ever pursue my dream of becoming a sumo wrestler" the King suddenly stands and starts making sumo stomping poses, Link laughs and imitates the King's poses, the Queen stares at them in shock but then begins to giggle at the scene.

Is this real? They are making a fool of themselves and the Queen... my mom is laughing WITH THEM. I never felt at home in this castle, but still I could say I belong to this family... why is HE allowed to just waltz in here and have what is supposed to be MINE?

Knock-Knock-Knock! Two men, surely the nobles they were expecting, where standing by the open door of the dining room... knocking to draw attention to themselves.

"GOOD NIGHT to all royals present"

"Good night... to what do I owe the honor of your visit gentleman?" says the King as he readjusts his tunic after the family episode.

"News travel fast as you surely know my King, we just had to meet the young man that joins the elite circle" the Conde says staring at Link up and down.

So even they had knowledge that the new member was not a baby, I REALLY need to start paying attention around here.