9-The nobles✔

Link POV

"We brought him a gift, but..." the Conde stares at Link "I don't think he is old enough to use it, he can keep it still, he could use it latter or maybe the king himself could give it proper use" the Conde of Akkla says with a malicious glint in his eyes

The Duke places the gift on the table in front of Link, not minding that this could be regarded as bad manners since the royal family was dinning... it was a shaving knife, the King stands up looking at them like he wanted to kill them.

[want to know why there is no stylist in the castle? The King fears treason, he won't allow anything sharp near the face or neck of his family and himself. When they need a trim or a shave, they travel to visit a person of trust that does it for them, this always happens late at night to avoid curious eyes. Yet people have noticed the castle has never hired a stylist or barber, nobles criticize this and regard my king as weak and fearful, but I think he is smart and cautious, as he should be... I mean he is the king; treason is something he should be wary of. PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE I CUT YOUR HAIR; I could get in trouble]

"Well, look at that, a shaving knife" Link picks it up and stares at the blade and its details "and it's not of bad quality, you have to teach me how to use it my king" Link tells the King who is shooting daggers with his eyes at Link, the Queen begins to say something trying to deflect the hit, but stops when she stares at Link's eyes... eyes that seem to be pleading for her to stand back.

"Hehe, I don't think he can teach you boy"

"And why is that your grace?"

"He does not know how to use it, we nobility don't bother with trivial things, we ALWAYS visit the barbers in town and pay for them to take care of it" says the Duke giggling, thinking he managed to belittle the boy, and to corroborate that the King was a fearful leader... given his reaction to the shaving knife.

Got you son of a bitch Link smiles evilly

"HAHAHAHAHAHA, I had no idea nobles had such a good sense of humor... I mean, come on, EVERYBODY knows a noble would not allow a third party to come close to his neck with a sharp blade, that would be very stupid..." Link says in low volume completely losing the smile.

The Akkla Conde and Duke look at each other unsure if they were being threatened or something.

"let's paint a picture, shall we?" Link says as he slowly mimics a man receiving a shave, and then suddenly draws the blade across his neck, representing how easily someone could slit your throat, all this while holding their gaze and, suddenly he grins and blood was sprouting through his teeth, he had bitten the inside of his cheek. The Duke and Conde stare in panic, their faces expressing terror at the idea of something like that ever happening to them.

Suddenly somebody taps on Link's right shoulder, he widens his eyes and quickly cleans his mouth with his glove before turning, the King was standing there, glancing at him with curiosity, then he slowly takes the shaving knife from Link's hand.

"You are correct on that my boy; I will buy you a better one when you start to grow a beard" the King opens the shaving knife slowly and makes eye contact with the Duke and Conde of Akkla "In the meant time I would be the one giving this one a proper use" he says stroking the razor's edge with a finger without losing the guests eye contact.

DAMN!!! I was aiming at showing my King was cautious and cunning, and also make them feel stupid and scared by showing a graphic image of what could easily happen, but he took it to another level, he just managed to be perceived as dangerous, he has officially earned my loyalty and respect.

"You... were about to eat your dinner, right? we won't disturb you any longer, enjoy this pleasant night" said the Conde and both of them left the dining room in a hurry. Silence reigned for a few seconds.