25- Return to the Castle ✔

The Market in Hyrule Castle Town is in silence, the usual business that you could always find open where closed, but a few town's people were walking around, evaluating the damage done on the establishments, and supervising the repairs done by the carpenters. The people on the streets moved away when they heard the carriage passing through, a few of them cheered celebrating the return of the Queen. The carriage crosses the field situated in front of Hyrule's Castle. It stops once it reaches the main entrance. Link opens the carriage door from the inside and exits it, he stretches his arms a little and extends a hand to help Queen Claire out of the carriage.

LINK POV

I am glad we are back; a week was a LONG time to be staying in Goron City, I felt like we were starting to inconvenience the Gorons, Darunia did his best to accommodate us though. Am I scared to be back? No... but I am not sure how Daphnes is going to react once he sees me.

He left Goron City a few hours before Zelda and I arrived there, he KNEW we were alive and heading back, so why did he leave in a hurry? To schedule repairs and tidy the place before we came back to the castle. At least, that is what we were told, and it sure sounds like he is being a responsible husband and father.

But I KNOW his animal by now... he is avoiding me. He knows I am hurt so he is taking care of me by removing himself, to avoid beating the crap out of me. That decision was very thoughtful of him, but now that I am here... I don't know what to expect.

"We are FINALLY back home" the Queen exclaims as she steps out of the carriage.

"Castle, we are finally back at the castle" Link corrects her with half a smile.

"HOME, I said" the Queen pouts at him.

Link smiling turns and extends his hand at the carriage to help Zelda out, she takes his hand and looks at him straight in the eyes, he sighs.

"I am ok, I still need rest but it's healing nicely, and no, it doesn't hurt me." He tells the princess as he pulls her out of the carriage. He then adds.

"I am going to be left with scars though, not that I mind; they will make me popular" Link says with a grin.

Zelda turns to look at him skeptically.

"Girls LOVE scars" Link says wiggling his eyebrows at Zelda.

Zelda widens her eyes at him, then closes them shaking her head. Link erupts in laughter at her reaction.

The butler hurries to greet them, followed by a few soldiers.

"GREETINGS my beautiful Queen and lovely Princess..." he states happily to the female population present, then looks at Link and slowly approaches him.

I am aware that we didn't start on the right foot, but please don't make this difficult for me.

The butler gets close enough and bows at Link, who just stares in shock and looks around for support, but the princess is giggling and the Queen scoffs half smiling.

"THANK YOU, I know the King, the Queen and the Princess are safe because you were involved... you brought them back to me, for that you have my gratitude Prince" he straightens his stance with teary eyes, yet displaying a big smile.

FUCK! I was not expecting this... the man is crying; how should I comfort him? I am not going to emasculate this good man by treating him like a woman.
*you mean soothing him with a hug and claim that everything will be right? yeah... don't do that. But still, you should say something*