21- Jealousy✔

ZELDA POV

Gosh, I hate the sun rays on my face, I thought I had my curtains closed for THAT reason, who the fuck opened them?

Zelda slowly opens her eyes, and finds herself out in the field, on top of dry leaves, snow falling scarcely, and an arm around her abdomen. She widens her eyes as yesterday's events start to set in her memory.

Mother of... all right girl, get yourself together, you are all right, and feeling all right actually, damn... I should eat guts more often. Snow appears to be falling, if it's cold enough to be snowing why am I not cold? Oh... right, he is hugging me. Well at least it's just his arm around my waist, his body feels close too but not inappropriately close, I guess he must have felt I was trembling and decided to share his warmth... WAIT, does he have a fever or something? He feels too hot for it to be normal.

Zelda turns her body to face Link, and finds him staring right back at her. But Zelda doesn't flinch, she just stares at him for a few seconds and decides to raise her hand and touch his forehead, she also touches her own with her other hand.

"What are you doing?" Link asks Zelda with curiosity and a little of concern.

"Checking if you have not broken into a fever, what are YOU doing?" Zelda asks looking down at his arm on her.

"Trying to keep us warm respectfully, does this offend you?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"It... makes me uncomfortable if I think too much about it, but no, it does not offend me" Zelda answers.

Zelda frowns and raises herself to a sitting position, then crouches on him reaching for his neck. Links reacts immediately, and grabs her wrist twisting it

"AAWWW, let go" Zelda exclaims twisting the rest of her arm trying to avoid the pain.

Link immediately releases her wrist, and also assumes a sitting position.

"I am sorry, that was an automatic response... let's call it an instinct, did I hurt you?"

"I JUST WANTED TO CHECK YOUR TEMPERATURE" She says rubbing her wrist "I think my wrist is not hurt, and I also think you may have a fever"

Link touches his forehead and then hers.

"I am all right"

Zelda stares at him frowning, Link realizes she is willing to fight him on this and sighs.

"This is my normal body temperature Zelda, I am not making it up, doctors have checked on it and they have not figured out why, all I know is you want me close in winter and far away in summer" Link tells her.

"Isn't that a convenient trait... ANOTHER convenient trait" she says bitterly and looks away.

UPS... the bitterness just flowed out of me, and now he must be angry and confused, damn I should have kept quiet, the last thing I want is to start a fight with him now.

Link exhales and stretches his arms "I answered your questions yesterday, today is my turn. Why do you hate me?" Link ask her with a blank face.

Zelda widens her eyes with a gasp; she then turns to him frowning.

Oh, he wants to know, like he DOESN'T ALLREADY, well maybe he genuinely doesn't. Well now he will know.

"BECAUSE YOU HAVE IT ALL" takes a deep breath "you are strong, intelligent, you have the King and Queen's trust and respect, maybe even their love. The Queen is MY mother... why can't I have her love? You just came and took everything... in a day"

Zelda stops her rant to search for something she can use to clean her nose from the mucus, and the tears from her face. Link reaches for a cloth napkin he carries in his jacket, Martin's idea of passing the savage boy for a gentleman. He hands it to Zelda, never taking his eyes from her.