Chapter 4

Christmas was in a few days Everyone was backstage at a show in Texas. Sam was walking down the hall.

"Sam." Hayley said. He turned around. "Hi."

"Hi." "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." She handed him a red envelope. "I didn't you anything?"

"It's alright." "It's just a Christmas card." Sam opened it. It was a picture of Hayley and Lucas in front of their Christmas tree. It said Merry Christmas on the bottom.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"How many of these have you given out?"

"Just three." "One to Brandi and Cody, one to Britt and Austin (Adam Cole) and one to you and Priscilla."

"If I don't see you again before we leave, have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year."

"You to."

It was Christmas Eve. Lucas was at the doctor Hayley had dinner cooking. Lucas had just walked through the door.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." He said irritated.

"What did the doctor say?"

"What the fuck do you think he said?! He snapped. "He said my neck's still fucked."

"I'm sorry."

He ignored her and went into the kitchen. "Why isn't dinner ready yet?"

"It's cooking."

He charged back into the living room and grabbed her by the shoulders. She shook with fear. "I can see that!" He shouted. "Do you think I'm fucking stupid?"

"No."

"You're such a bitch!" He let her go and stormed out the front door.

Meanwhile in Seattle Priscilla and Sam were arguing again.

"Can we please not do this tonight?" Sam said.

"Go to hell Sam." She left slamming the front door behind her.

Hayley was crying. She hadn't wanted to spend Christmas Eve like this. She got a text. It read.

I know you're probably busy but can you spare a minute? I really need to talk. - Sam

Lucas is napping. What do you need? - Hayley

Priscilla and I just had a fight. I think I want a divorce. - Sam

Do you still love her? - Hayley

Yes. - Sam

Sleep on it. If you still feel that way in the morning, take the steps you need. - Hayley

The next morning Hayley woke up. Lucas wasn't next to her. She hadn't heard him come in the night before. She went downstairs. Lucas was standing in front of the tree.

"Merry Christmas." He said happily. He kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too."