Chapter 38

Sam woke up the next morning and felt instant regret. Priscilla wasn't next to him. He got up and went to the bathroom. When he went to the main living area of the bus everyone was there, including Priscilla. He wanted to talk to her about last night but not in front of everyone.

"Morning Sam." Priscilla said.

"Morning."

"How was your night?"

"Good." "Yours?"

"Fantastic, I feel great."

Later that night Hayley was at the arena getting ready for a show. Allysin came up to her.

"How did your move go?" Allysin asked.

"Good." "I think someone in my building has a crush on me."

"Who?"

"His name is Spencer." "He helped me unpack for like two hours last night." "He asked me to go to dinner with him."

"Did you?"

"I couldn't." "I know it's been awhile since I broke up with Sam, but I don't think I'll ever date again."

"You can't close yourself off to people."

"Sure I can."

"It's not healthy for you."

"Yeah, well neither is catching your boyfriend cheating on you with his ex-wife."

"Have you talked to your doctor about this?"

"Yeah." "We've add more sessions."

"That's good."

"I don't wanna go back there." "My contract is coming up soon." "I'm thinking about leaving."

"You're thinking about leaving wrestling, all because of Sam?"

"Not wrestling as a whole." "Just AEW." "I could go back on the independent circuit." "WWE wanted me before I signed with AEW." "I don't know." "It's something to think about."

Meanwhile Sam stopped in front of Priscilla's hotel room door and knocked. She answered it.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." "Can I come in?" "We have to talk."

"Yeah." He went inside. They sat on the couch.

"Listen, about last night, I'm not gonna lie to you and say I didn't enjoy it, I did." "I don't want to hurt you but I'm not ready for a relationship right now." "I still love Hayley." "I want to try and make it work with her."

"I figured you'd say that." "I don't know what you see in her, but I'm obviously not who you want." "Can you go now please?" She said looking like she was about to cry. He left.

Britt and Austin were in Austin's room.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "You've been acting weird all day."

"I know something but don't know if I should tell Hayley."

"What?"

"Remember last night when I had to go back to the bus to get my purse?"

"Yeah."

"I could hear Priscilla and Sam in the back having sex."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." "I don't know if I should put Hayley through that." "She already thinks they were." "If I confirm they are, I don't know what they'll do to her." "I feel like I should tell her though." "All he's been talking about is getting her back." "He must not want her back that bad if he slept with Priscilla.

"You should do what you think is right."

"I don't know what's right."

After the show Hayley was in bed. She was looking at the only picture she hadn't deleted of Sam on her phone.

"Why am I torturing myself?" She thought. "He doesn't love me." "He never loved me." "So why the fuck do I still love him?" She thought with tears in her eyes. "I'll do anything to make it stop." "I just want it to stop."