Chapter 18

A few months had passed since all the headlines broke. It had died down a lot. After Hayley made her video, three other of Lucas's former girlfriends all came forward, with stories that he had abused them as well. Today was All Or Nothing. Hayley and Sam were out lunch. Sam noticed Hayley wasn't eating.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah." "I'm just nervous about tonight."

"Don't be, you're gonna do great."

"This is the biggest opportunity of my career." "After two years I might finally get a shot at the championship."

"It's better if you don't go in a bundle of nerves." "I know it's hard but you'll relax more if you treat it like any other match." "Believe me."

"I wish you could be out there with me."

"You don't need me."

"I'll always need you."

"Not for that." "You're great on your own." "I will be watching though." "I know you can do it."

A few hours later Hayley was walking into the arena. She stopped for a few fans to sign autographs. She came acrossed one female fan who looked to be about twenty. She was signing her autograph.

"You and Darby make a great couple." The fan said

"Thank you."

"I also wanted to thank you."

"For what?"

"I was in an abusive relationship for about a year." "Hearing your story gave me the courage to finally walk out."

"I'm so glad you got out of it." "So many people don't."

Hayley was getting ready to go out for her match. Sam came up behind her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"You got this." He said.

"I wish I could give you a kiss for luck right now." Her music came on.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Hayley was having a grueling battle with Melissa Cervantes (Thunder Rosa) Melissa had Hayley in the ten punches position in the corner. Hayley grabbed Melissa around the hips to turn it into a Powerbomb. She ran to the middle of the ring with Melissa in the air. When she stopped to slam her she felt a pop and an intense pain in her left knee. She covered getting a two count, immediately holding her knee after.

"Shit." Sam said out loud watching from the back. "Please don't be hurt."

Hayley went to stand up but put any weight on her knee at all, collapsing down the ground and clutching it. As soon as Sam saw that he took off running for the exit tunnel. The match was stopped, Melissa was declared the winner and Hayley was helped to the back.

When she got to the back Sam was waiting for her, as well as EMT's and a stretcher.

"Sam it hurts." She said tearfully as she laid down on the stretcher. Sam noticed her knee was already swelling. She was quickly wheeled to the ambulance at the back of the arena. As the EMT's were opening the ambulance doors Sam's music came on. "Sam you have to go."

"No."

"Go!"

"I'm not leaving you."

"Soon to be making his way to the ring, Darby Allin!" They heard Justin Roberts announce.

"Sam, you know damn well if the situation was reversed you'd be telling me the exact same thing, now go!"

"I love you." "I'll be there soon." He took off running. She was loaded into the ambulance.