Chapter 46

After another week of observation Hayley was released from the hospital. The wrestling world was shocked by her sudden retirement. She was surprised to learn she lived in San Francisco. She was still trying to figure out what she wanted to do, now that her wrestling career was over. Dynamite was in San Diego and Hayley decided to go. Since she didn't have anything else to do she decided to fly in a day early. She was looking forward to seeing Sam's house. He didn't tell her she used to live there. He was hoping seeing it again would spark something for her. She checked into her hotel and went to his house. She knocked on the door. He answered it.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi." She went inside. "Want the grand tour?"

"Sure."

He showed her around. They were in the bedroom.

"This place is great." Hayley said. "I love it."

"Do you remember anything?"

"Should I?"

"You used to live here with me." "We bought this house together."

"We did?"

"Yeah." "Have you eaten yet?"

"No."

"Wanna stay for dinner?" "I have some steaks."

"Sure."

They were eating.

"Is the medication they gave you helping with your leg pain?" Sam asked.

"Yeah but I can still feel it." "The doctor said that's to be expected." "It's gonna be so weird not wrestling anymore."

"I know."

"I found out last week I have a YouTube channel." "I wonder how long I've had it."

"You started it after we started dating."

"I found lots of videos of us on it." "One that really made me laugh was that chip challenge thing."

"We both threw up so much that night."

"From what I saw, we seemed like we were in love."

"We were."

"Did we ever talk about getting married?"

"Yeah but we'd never say we wanted to get married." "We'd say someday."

"Did I want you to propose to me?"

"Yeah."

"We're you going to?"

"Yeah, this weekend."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Did you buy me a ring?"

"Yes."

"I hope they gave you your money back."

"I still have it."

"Can I see it?"

"I'll be right back." He went down to the basement and came back up a few seconds later "Here." He said handing it to her.

She opened the box. "Wow, this is nice Sam." "So, what was the plan?"

"We were supposed to leave for New York City on Thursday." "On October 29th I was gonna take you to Central Park." "It would've been the two year anniversary our first kiss." "Central Park is where it happened." "I was going to take you to the exact spot." "Tell you how much I love you and how all I want is to spend the rest of our lives together" "Then I was gonna get down on one knee and ask you to marry me." He said with a sad look on his face.

Hayley got a bad feeling but she had to know the answer. She hoped it wasn't what she suspected. "Sam, be honest, are you still in love with me?"

"Yes." "I never stopped loving you."

"I have to go." Hearing him say that creeped her out. She got up and left

The next night at the arena Hayley was backstage. She found Sam.

"Hi." She said.

"Hey."

"I'm sorry I left so fast last night." "I know I asked you to be honest and I'm glad that you were." "It just freaked me out hearing you say that." "I know you want me to remember all the things you do but I can't."

"I know." "I don't blame you."

"I hope it's not to painful for you to be around me."

"It's not."

"Good."

Hayley went to the Women's Locker Room to talk to Britt

"Hi." Britt said.

"Hi." They hugged. "I feel so bad about Sam Britt." "He's still in love with me."

"I know."

"The thought of ever being with him is so weird to me." "The fact that we've had sex, ick." "I can't believe I ever did that with him."

"According to you, he's the best sex you've ever had."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I can't see that."

After the show Sam was home alone.

"At least despite everything I knew Hayley still loved me." He thought sadly. "Now she can't stand the thought that she was ever with me." She doesn't love me anymore."