Chapter 19

Sam hurried to the hospital as fast as he could after his match. His wrestling gear and face paint were still on. As he quickly walked through the hospital every head turned to look at him. He was waiting for the doctor to come out and talk to him. When the doctor saw him, she like everyone else, was bewildered at his appearance.

"Is Hayley ok?" He asked.

"What is your relation to her?"

"I'm her boyfriend."

"She tore her ACL, MCL and Mencius in her left knee."

"That means surgery right?"

"Yes." "Memorial in Alabama is expecting her tomorrow for a consultation and they'll perform the surgeries on Tuesday."

"How long until she recovers?"

"The surgeon will discuss that with you but based on the injuries, I would say ten months to a year."

"Will she still be able to wrestle?"

"I believe so."

"Can I see her?"

"She's out from the medication right now but you're welcome to." "Down the hall to your left."

Sam went into her room. She was out like a light. Sam noticed there was a bathroom. He went down to his car to get his clothes and took a shower.

Hayley woke up the next morning. She saw Sam asleep, leaned over with his head on her bed and his body in a chair.

"Sam." She said softly. When he opened his eyes and saw that she was awake he stood and hugged her.

"You scared the shit out of me." He kissed her.

"I'm sorry." "My knee's fucked."

"I know."

"I've hit that move a million times."

"These things just happen."

"Well it fucking sucks."

"I know."

Hayley and Sam went to the consultation in Alabama. The surgeon doctor also said ten months to a year for recovery. Hayley wasn't happy about that.

Later that night Hayley and Sam were sitting on the couch in their hotel room. Hayley's knee was elevated.

"Hayley I want to temporarily move in with you, so that I can help with your recovery." Sam said.

"I'm gonna hire a private nurse."

"You can for the days I'm at work but for the days I'm not you won't need one." "I already asked Tony for two weeks off after your surgery, so I can take of you."

"You didn't have to."

"I wanted to."

"I'll feel bad if you spend all your free time with me." "You won't be able to do anything fun or go skating." "I know how much you love skating."

"I love you more." "Please let me do this."

"Ok."

"You know, this would've never happened, if you'd just been more careful." He said jokingly.

She laughed. "Shut up." They kissed.

The next morning Sam had been waiting for the surgery to finish for two and a half hours. The doctor came out.

"Everything went great." The doctor said. "You can see her in a few minutes."