Chapter 44

It had been two weeks since the accident. The swelling had gone down significantly. However she wasn't out of the woods yet. In two days if the swelling continued to go down, they were going to remove the life support. Sam wanted to stay with her but since he were in the middle of a storyline, which now drastically had to changed due to Hayley's injury, he had to stay. Sam was backstage at the arena. Britt came up to him.

"Any news on Hayley?" Britt asked.

"The swelling on her brain has gone down." "If it continues within the next two days, they'll take her off life support."

"That's great."

"Even if they do it still depends on how she responds."

"Are they going to call you with updates?"

"Yeah."

"We just have to stay positive."

"That's what I'm trying to do." "If all goes well, I need your help to try and convince her to go to rehab." "She needs help." "I still don't know if she'll listen to me." "Maybe she'll listen to the both of us."

"I'll help but we have to be delicate about it."

Two days later the swelling on Hayley's brain went down enough to remove the life support. About thirty seconds after it was removed Hayley took a breath.

Two days after that was the first day she was fully conscious and alert. Since waking up she'd felt tingling and burning in her legs Unbeknownst to her Sam was planning on coming to see her tomorrow. The doctor came in.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"My legs are tingling and burning."

"It could be possible nerve damage." "I'll arrange for testing." "Since you've had a head injury, we're going to do a memory test." "What's your name?"

"Hayley Barnes."

"What year were you born?"

"1988."

"What year is it?"

"2023."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure."

"That's incorrect." "It's 2025."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is." "What month is it?"

"September."

"It's October." "You're suffering from amnesia."

"No." She said panicked. "Where's my phone?" "My best friend Sam will tell you." "I need to talk to Sam." "I want Sam."