Chapter 8

A month had passed since the last incident with Lucas. He hadn't even raised his voice to her since. Every time he saw her now Sam looked at Hayley for fresh bruises. Hayley was at the arena in catering. Sam came up to her.

"Hi Sam."

"Hi."

"How are you?"

"I'm fine." "Are you ok?"

"Yeah."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"Would you tell me if you weren't?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"I'm just worried about you."

"Thank you but I'm ok." "Nothing has happened for a month." "Things have been fine."

"Good."

"Any luck on that dating app?"

"So far no."

"I wish I had single friends so I could help you out."

"Some that I did find cute only messaged me because I'm Darby Allin." "If they're a fan of me, great but I want them to want to get to know me, Sam, not Darby."

"I understand." "I wouldn't want anyone to want to be with me simply because I'm Sarah Draven."

"I have to go do my face paint." "See you later."

"Bye."

A few days later Lucas was at his wrestling school. A man came in who he had trained with when he was still an active wrestler.

"Hey Simon." He said.

"Hey."

"It's been a long time."

"Yeah."

"What's up?"

"I just got signed by WWE."

"Good you for." He said feeling jealousy and resentment

A few hours later he came home and sat on the couch. Hayley came down the stairs a few minutes later.

"Hi." She said. He ignored her. She sat beside him and noticed he was angry. Suddenly he grabbed by the throat and squeezed.

"Shut up!" He shouted. "I don't want to her another word from you!" She couldn't breathe. He held on for about ten more seconds, then let her go. She gasped for air and coughed. He got his keys and left.

In that moment she knew if she stayed things would only get worse. She was crying. She had no idea where she would go because Lucas owned the house. One thing was for sure, she had to get out. She packed up all of her things. As she drove she made a reservation at a hotel. Then she called Sam.

"Hello?" He said.

"Sam, I'm divorcing him."

"What happened?"