Chapter 9

Hayley had been divorced for a month and had gone back to her maiden name of Barnes. It took an additional month for the divorce to be finalized. At first Lucas was resistant to the divorce, but Hayley lied and said she had taken a selfie of her black eye. After that he agreed to the divorce very quickly. After two months of living in a hotel she was finally moving into her new house, she decided to move to San Diego. Hayley was now in therapy. Even though she'd only been there two months, she was already making progress. It felt good to finally talk about her issues. Hayley was on the road in her hotel room. She was on her bed with her laptop. She and her therapist did video sessions when she was out of town. Hayley's therapist popped up on the screen.

"Hi Dr. Sullivan." Hayley said.

"Hi Hayley." She said. "How are you today?"

"Good."

"Are you looking forward to the upcoming move?"

"Yes."

Later that night Hayley was at the arena making a coffee Sam came and stood beside her.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." "Are you sure you don't mind helping me move tomorrow?"

"Not at all."

"I just feel bad you're giving up one of your days off."

"I don't mind." "Plus with Britt and Austin helping out, it shouldn't take any time at all."

They all started moving things in at noon the next day they were all moving furniture and boxes. By six they were done moving things in.

"Thank you guys for everything." Hayley said.

"We're happy to help." Austin said.

"This is a beautiful place." Britt said,

"I can stay and help you unpack some stuff." Sam said.

Britt and Austin had just left. They were driving.

"Not right away but eventually I think Hayley and Sam will get together." Britt said

"So do I." "They should, I think they would make a good couple."

As the hours continued to pass Hayley and Sam ordered a pizza. It around ten o'clock she walked him to the door,

"Thanks for all your help today." She said.

"You're welcome." "I'm just glad you got away from Lucas."

"Me to." "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He left.