Chapter 10

For the past seven months Hayley had been enjoying her life. She continued to make progress in therapy. She had just gotten to Dr. Sullivan's office.

"Hi Hayley." She said.

"Hi." Just then Hayley got a text. "Can I check this real quick?"

"Sure."

It read

I hope you have a good session today. – Sam

"Sam?" Dr. Sullivan asked.

"Yeah." "I want to text him back real quick." "He has a date later and I want to tell him good luck."

"Go ahead."

Good luck on your date tonight. – Hayley

Thanks. – Sam

Hayley looked at the doctor. "Sorry about that." She said.

"That's ok." "How do you feel about Sam having a date tonight?"

"I hope it works out for him." "I'm actually very surprised he's still available." "He's a great guy."

"How would you feel about starting to date again?" "It's been nine months since the divorce."

"I can't date."

"Why?"

"Nobody will want all my baggage."

"Everyone has baggage."

"Not like mine." "Eventually I'd have to tell them about my dad, Lucas, my foster family." "I don't know if I can do that."

"I know Sam knows about Lucas." "Does he know about your dad and foster family?"

"Yes."

"Was it hard to tell him?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I trust him." "He's my best friend."

"You don't think you can trust someone else like that?"

"I honestly don't know." "It's easier with Sam, we're not together."

"I get that."

"Besides, there's something about me Sam doesn't know, that's holding me back from dating, other then the abuse stuff."

"What is it?"

"Well...

The night they were at the arena. Hayley went up to Sam.

"What's up Hayley?" He asked.

"Not much." "How'd it go?"

"She was a nice girl."

"But?"

"I just didn't feel any chemistry." "I don't know, maybe I'm being to picky."

"When you meet the right one, you'll know."

The next day a few people were in New York City for autograph signings, including Hayley and Sam. It was fall so the sun was already starting to set. Hayley was sitting on a bench looking at the different color leaves. Every now and then could see Sam doing tricks on his skateboard. After awhile he came rolling up to her.

"I don't know how you do those tricks." She said. "I'd fall on my ass." "I've never used a skateboard."

"Stand up Hayley."

"Why?"

"Try it."

"Skateboarding?"

"Yeah."