Chapter 64

Sam made the difficult decision to take Hayley off the ventilator. She was declared dead immediately after. The entire wrestling community as well as people that knew Hayley, were shocked by her sudden passing. It had been a day since Hayley was declared dead. Sam got an outpouring of support from friends and fans alike. The house felt so empty without Hayley. Sam found that he couldn't bring himself to sleep in the bedroom. He put Harlie to bed and went into the bedroom to get some clothes to sleep in. As he turned to leave he noticed the laptop of the nightstand.

Sam took the laptop down to the kitchen and opened it. He was shocked to discover what Hayley had been going through and how he had no idea. As he read his heart broke for her. He wished he would've told her so he could help her. He discovered that she'd started drinking right after Harlie came home. That entry in particular brought tears to Sam's eyes.

Harlie's home now. Hayley wrote. I should be happy and I am but why do I still feel so miserable? I feel like I'm in darkness all the time and I don't understand why. I have a beautiful baby girl and a loving, caring, fiancée who loves me and I love him. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Sam can't know about this because he'll think it has something to do with him and it doesn't. He's wonderful. It's all me, in my head. I had a drink today. Sam can't know that either. He'd be so disappointed in me, so mad at me. How do I make this go away? Please just let me be happy.

The next day Sam e-mailed the journal entries to Dr. Sullivan. Soon after his phone rang.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hi." "This is Dr. Sullivan."

"Hi."

"I've just read the journal entries." "It seems that Hayley was suffering from postpartum depression." "It's fairly common after giving birth."

"Why didn't she say something?"

"She like a lot of women thought she could handle it herself." "The important thing to remember is that none of this is your fault." "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thank you."

A few days had passed. The night previous AEW had held a tribute show to Hayley. Today they were having a memorial with her body present. She was to be cremated later that day. Over a hundred people came. Sam got up to speak.

"Thank you all for coming." He said. "I appreciate it and I know Hayley would to." "When I met Hayley we clicked as friends right away." "Then seemingly out of nowhere it progressed." "We had our up and downs, but through it all we loved each other." "She gave me a beautiful daughter." "Even though she won't be here physically." He said with tears in his eyes. "She'll always be with us." "I will always tell Harlie how great of a person her mother was." "Hayley, Harlie and I will always love you."

Sam had decided to sell the house after a few months. It was to painful for him to be there. Four months after Hayley's death they were moving. Sam was by the front door with a now seven month old Harlie next to him in the car seat.

"Say bye house." Sam said as he picked up Harlie's car seat.

"Ga." Harlie said.

Sam took one last look at the bare living room feeling very sad. Sam put Harlie in the car. As he drove away, he still didn't know how he'd go on without Hayley but had to for Harlie.

Sequel?