Chapter 56

A week had passed. Hayley was going to be the road with Sam for the next couple weeks, until the time she could no longer fly. They were in Chicago. Hayley was backstage in the Women's Locker Room talking to Britt.

"I'm so glad you're ok." Britt said.

"Me to." "It's scared me." "I know it scared the hell out Sam." "You should've seen the look of his face." "He was pale."

"I'm just glad you guys are back on track." "You're perfect together."

"I can see why I fell in love with him in the first place." "He's so great." Hayley saw Priscilla come in and got the familiar knots in her stomach. Britt could tell.

"Don't let her bother you, she's not worth it."

"I know." "I just hate her, for reasons I can't remember." "The thought of her here with Sam weekly drives me crazy." "

"Don't focus on her." "Focus on Sam, focus on Harlie."

"It just sucks having feelings of hatred for someone and I don't remember why." "I know why but it's not the same." "I don't want to remember why, I hope I never do."

After the show Hayley and Sam went back to the hotel. Hayley was confused them she saw rose petals all over the floor.

"What's this?" She asked.

"I had the hotel do it."

"Why?"

"You don't remember this room do you?"

"No."

"This is the room I first told you I loved you in, we decided to start dating." He got in front of her.

She smiled. "What are you doing?"

"Something I've been wanting to do for a very long time." He took out a little black box from his pocket and got down on one knee.

"Is that a different ring?"

"Yeah." "See?" He opened the box. The ring was still silver but the diamond was different. "Hayley, I love you more then I've ever loved anyone." "I wasn't expecting anything that's happened between us, but it was the best surprise of my life." "Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

He stood up. "Before I give this to you, I want to show you the engravings I had put on it." "The left side is the date we first started dating, the right is the date we got back together." "At the top is the infinity symbol."

"I love it." He put the ring on her finger. They hugged and kissed. "I love you."

"I love you too."