Chapter 61

Harlie had been in the hospital for three weeks. She was doing well Even though Hayley had been officially discharged, she refused to leave the hospital. She ate, slept and showered at the hospital. Sam was at the hospital with her when he wasn't working. They talked on the phone every day when he was on the road. Sam was hoping that meant they were back on track. They hadn't discussed it. Every day when Hayley woke up, she couldn't wait to see Harlie's blue eyes. She definitely had Sam's eyes, she was his mini in fact. Hayley had woke up and went over to the incubator.

"Good morning Harlie." Hayley said. "How are you today?" "Daddy and I get to hold you again tomorrow." "I know we've only got to do it once." "Once we get to take you home daddy and I will hold you all the time."

Later that afternoon Hayley was reading Harlie a story as she did almost every day. Her phone rang.

"Hang on sweetie." She said putting the book down "Hello she said answering the phone.

"Hi." Sam said.

"Hi." Hayley said.

"How is she?"

"Good."

"How are you?"

"Good." "You?"

"I miss you guys."

"We miss you to."

"I was just calling to check in." "I have to go."

"Ok." "See you tomorrow."

"I can't wait." "Bye."

"Bye."

The next day Sam was at the hospital. It was his turn to hold Harlie. They each only got two minutes a piece

"Maybe we should've named her Samantha since she looks so much like you."

"Maybe we will with our next daughter."

"We're having another daughter?" She asked smiling.

"I hope so, eventually."

After Sam's two minutes were up Harlie went back into the incubator.

"Sam I've been doing a lot of thinking over the last three weeks." "I've decided that after our scare with Harlie, I don't care about Priscilla anymore." "I just want our family, I want you,." "I want to marry you."

"Really?" He said smiling.

"Yes." They kissed.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Hayley didn't know why but shortly after Harlie was born she'd felt an overwhelming sense of depression. She was happy Harlie was here, and ok and even happier things were ok with Sam again. So why the overwhelming sadness? She hoped once they got to go home the feelings would go away.