Chapter 21

Hayley's recovery was still going well , but she still had a long way to go. It had been a little over two months. She couldn't wait until her knee was healthy enough to go upstairs. Sam was away at a show, so Hayley had to sleep downstairs. Dynamite had ended about a half hour ago. Hayley was holding off on taking her pain pill until Sam called. Her cell phone rang.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi." Sam said.

"Hi." "You did so great tonight."

"Thanks."

"It makes me want to get back in the ring really bad."

"I know.."

"I hope one day they can work in us working together."

"That would be fun." "How was physical therapy today?"

"Good."

"Did your Uber come on time?"

"Yeah." "Ow!"

"What happened?"

"My knee hurts." "I've been waiting to take my pill until you called."

"Make sure you take it."

"I will."

"My flight gets in at noon." "I'll be home about a half hour after that."

"I can't wait." "I miss you."

"I miss you to." "It's been so weird at work without you." "I miss my cheek kiss I usually get before my matches." "I'll let you go so you can get some rest."

"Ok." "I love you."

"I love you too." "Bye."

"Bye"

The next afternoon Sam had just walked through the door.

"I'm home." He said. She came limping out of the kitchen. "Hi."

"Hi." He went up to her. They kissed.

"What are you doing?"

"The dishes."

"I would've done those."

"I need something to do."

"Wanna get out of the house for awhile and go to lunch?"

"Yeah."

After coming back from lunch they did Hayley's therapy exercises. She was sitting on the couch with her knee elevated. Sam came into the living room with her bills in her hand. He was cycling through them and sat down next to her.

"What are you doing baby?" She asked.

"Figuring out which one's I'm gonna pay." "I'll pay the electric and water."

"You don't have to pay anything Sam."

"Yes I do." "I've been living here for over two months without contributing anything to the house and I need to start."

"You take care of me, that's enough."

"No it isn't."

Later that night that were sitting in bed. Sam was watching something about skating on TV. Hayley was on her phone. She looked up noticing what he was watching was ending. She put her phone down on the end table.

"Is that over?" She asked.

"Yeah." She started kissing the side of his face. "What are you doing?"

"Well I'm horny, so what do you think I'm doing?"

"Hayley we can't."

"I know you want to." "We've never gone this long."

"I want to but I don't want to hurt your knee."

"It'll be alright."

"I wanna wait till your knee heals more."

"Please baby, please, please, please." She said continuing to kiss the side of his face. She took her palm turned his head and kissed him. He kissed her back. As much as he wanted her he knew it wasn't the right time. He broke the kiss and stood up.

"Well I'm going to bed, goodnight."

"Wait." "If Sam doesn't want to." "Does Darby want to?" She said smirking. "I know how good you are in bed." "Does Darby wanna show me how good he is?"

He smirked intrigued by the idea. "Not tonight." "Goodnight."

She rolled her eyes. "You suck."

"I know that really means I love you." "I love you too." He went to the guestroom.