Chapter 30

Hayley's final day before she started her NWA tour was tomorrow. Friday morning was when she was leaving for the tour. She was excited but nervous. Today she was in Chicago as a spokesperson for domestic violence. She was speaking to a room of about a hundred women. She was talking to Sam on the phone before it started.

"I'm nervous Sam." She said.

"I know but you'll do great."

"What if I freeze up in front of everyone?"

"You won't." "You got this." "You can do it."

"I've never talked about it like this."

"I know but they wouldn't have asked you if they didn't know you could do it."

"It's almost time." "I have to go."

"Ok." "Call me when it's over and tell me how great you did."

"Ok."

"I love you."

"I love you too." "Bye."

"Bye."

She was introduced and went up to the podium. A continuous loop of her wrestling was playing on big screen behind her with no sound.

"Some of you are probably wondering why was is playing behind me." "That woman looks strong and confident, doesn't she?" "Some of you may not believe it, but that's me." "I'm Haley Barnes and this is my story." "It all started when I was a very young child." "I was not only a victim of domestic abuse, but child abuse and neglect as well...

Hayley went on to discuss her father and foster parents. She was discussing Lucas now.

"At first it was just small things." "He didn't like what I was wearing, he didn't like something I was doing." "Then it got to the point where he was yelling at me for no reason at all." "The first night he hit me, I was shocked." "I'd just done a wrestling show, so we were in a hotel room." "He said he wanted to have a baby." "I said not now, in my profession you cannot be pregnant and wrestle at the same time." "He didn't like that answer." "When I got up to go to bed he hit me." "I couldn't believe it." "I never thought he would do that." "It had given me a black eye." "After Lucas had left and I'd gone to get ice for it." "My friend spotted me and asked what had happened." "I tried to lie and say it'd happened during my match but he'd seen me after and knew it was a lie." "He gave me sanctuary for the night." "The next day Lucas begged my forgiveness and I went back." "For about a month everything was fine." "One night he came home and I could tell he was angry." "To this day I still have no idea what about." "When I tried to talk to him, he grabbed me by my throat and started to choke me." "When he let me go and left, I knew I couldn't stay anymore." "I packed my things, left and filed for divorce the next day." "It took me awhile to go public with it but once I did, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders." "It's also important that I mention." "Don't let an abusive relationship discourage you from loving someone else." "We all heal at different speeds but if you find someone you connect with, don't be afraid to admit your feelings." "Before I started dating my boyfriend, I had no interest in dating again whatsoever." "Now I have the most amazing, caring, supportive, loving partner."

She answered a few questions.

The next evening she just got to the arena. She put her bags away and went to look for Sam. He already had has face paint on.

"I wasn't expecting you to be full on Darby already." She said. "I wanted to come find you and give you a kiss."

"Come here, I'll fix it."

"Darby's a better kisser then Sam is anyway." She said smiling.

He laughed. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." They kissed.

"Anything else?"

"He's better in bed."

"Ouch." He hugged her.

"What?" She said noticing he wasn't letting go.

"I'm just enjoying time with you while I still have it." "This will be the longest we'll ever be apart." "I won't know what to do at home by myself."

"I know." "I hate the thought of being without for that long to."

The next night Hayley and Sam were at home. She was laying in bed on her phone. She felt Sam get in bed next to her. All he had on was his boxers.

"Come here baby." She put her phone down. He got on top of her. He took off her pajama top. They kissed. "Are you gonna, miss me while your gone?" He asked in-between kisses, while at the same time reaching down and taking her bottoms and panties.

"Mm-hmm."

"What will you miss about me?"

"Your kisses, your touch, this." She said running her hands from his chest to his abs. She took off his boxers. "Your cute ass." She squeezed it.

"What about this?"

"Ohhh." She moaned as he slipped inside her. "Yes."

"You know what I'll miss?" He started to move.

"Oh Sam, oh god." She moaned.

"Yeah that."

Afterwards he was still on top of her. They were catching their breath.

"You know what this reminds me of?" She asked smiling.

"What?"

"The first time you told me you loved me."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Know what else?"

"What?"

He laced their fingers together picked them up and kissed her hand. "Someday."

She smiled. "Someday." They kissed.

The next morning Hayley was on her flight. Sam had just gotten home. He went down to the basement and opened a closet door. He went inside and took a little red box out of his pocket. He opened it and a sliver engagement ring with a big diamond in the middle was inside. He smiled.

"Someday Hayley." He thought. He closed the box and hid it on the top shelf. "Soon." "I just hope I can wait for the day I have planned."

Meanwhile in Jacksonville, Florida Tony Kahn was at AEW headquarters in his office sitting at his desk. A woman was sitting acrossed from him signing an AEW contract. The name on the contract read.

Priscilla Kelly

"It's official now." Tony said. "Welcome."

"Thank you." Priscilla said happily.