Chapter 39

Hayley was at home. She was going back to AEW tomorrow. She and Dr. Sullivan were in the middle of a video session.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" Dr. Sullivan asked.

"Horrible." "I don't want to go back." "I don't want to see her." "I don't want to see him." "If I see them kiss or anything, I'm gonna lose it." "I think I need some of anti-depression medication." "I don't want to go anywhere, I don't want to do anything." "I cry all the time." "I haven't said anything because I was hoping it would go away but it's getting bad."

"We'll start you on Zoloft and see how it goes."

"Thank you."

"What is your pharmacy?"

"CVS."

"I'll send the prescription through as our session is over."

"Thank you."

The next night Hayley had just walked into the Women's Locker Room. The first person she saw was Britt.

"Hey." Britt said.

"Hi." They hugged.

"How are you?"

"I'm trying, but not good."

"How's the new place?"

"It's nice."

"Have you seen Sam yet?"

"No." "I'm hoping I don't but it's just a matter of time."

Britt could tell how emotionally fragile Hayley was and decided not to tell her about Priscilla and Sam.

Hayley hadn't seen Sam all night and she was glad. She'd just changed into her street clothes. Just then she got a message that Tony Kahn wanted to see her. As she walked there she hoped for another NWA tour. The door was open as she approached his office. When she went inside she saw Tony sitting behind his desk and Sam standing there.

"Hi Hayley." Tony said.

"Hi." She said.

"Welcome back."

"Thank you."

"We want Sam to turn heel and for you two to make your relationship public on air." "We want to give you both World Heavyweight and Women's Championship matches at the next pay-per-view."

"Um, that could be problematic." Sam said. "Hayley and I aren't dating anymore."

While Hayley didn't want to work with Sam, she wanted the championship match. "I can handle it if he can." Hayley said.

"Are you sure?"

"No, I don't want to." She thought. "Absolutely."

"Sam?" Tony asked looking at him.

"I can do it." Sam said.

"You start next week." "You can go now."

Hayley and Sam were walking down the hall.

"Hayley." Sam said. "Hayley please talk to me." "Hayley." They were about five feet away from the Women's Locker Room. "Hayley, damn it, stop." He turned her around to face him.

"I'll work with you because I want that championship match." "I'll go out there and pretend I still love you." She said with her voice cracking saying that sentence. "Other then that, leave me the fuck alone."

"What you saw that night isn't what you think."

"Really?" "So she was naked in your room with candles lit and you were half naked just because?"

"I was half naked because I thought she was you." "I came back to my room that night and could see the reflection of lit candles." "Naturally I thought it was you, so I took my shirt off before I went in the room." "I didn't know it was her, I swear."

"So when you kissed her, did you still think it was me?" "Don't say you didn't." "I saw you."

"It was only for second."

"So that makes it ok?"

"No." "I'm sorry." "I love you."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do." "You know I do."

"I thought you did."

"I do." "I did want to marry you." "I still do." "I want to be completely honest with you." "No secrets." "I didn't do anything with Priscilla that night, but last week I made a mistake." "Priscilla and I were alone on the tour bus." "She came on to me and we had sex."

Hearing that was like a punch in the stomach for Hayley. She tried to act like it didn't bother her but as she spoke tears went down her cheeks. "I don't care." "You're not my boyfriend anymore." "It's none of my business who you fuck." "Tell me, did you still love me while you were fucking her?" "Or did you just stop for a few hours?"

"It was a mistake." "I was frustrated and hurt because you wouldn't talk to me."

"So you have sex with your ex-wife?" "Out of all people." "You had to pick the one person who makes me feel insecure?"

"I didn't pick her." "It just happened like it did with u- He stopped realizing how it sounded.

"Like it did with us?" "It made you feel like it did with us?"

"No." "That's not what I meant." "I meant it was unplanned, that's all."

"I can't believe you."

"It was a mistake." "It didn't mean anything."

"How can you make love to someone and it not mean anything?"

"Come on, haven't you ever- "Shit no you haven't." He said remembering her lack on sexual partners. "It's just different for some people." "I'm sorry." "Please, I'm so sorry." "I miss you." "Come home."

"Fuck off." She turned to walk away. He turned her around.

"What can I do to make it up to you?" "Please, I'll do anything." He said with tears in his eyes. "I just want you back." "I want us back." "I want to marry you."

"Sam, stop it."

"I love you Hayley." "I know you still love me." He kissed her. She pulled away, smacked him in the face and went into the locker room. She put her forehead to the door and sobbed.

"I hate that he knows me so well. She thought. "He knows that despite everything, even him admitting to sleeping with Priscilla." "I still love him." "What's wrong with me?" "As if I wasn't in enough pain, him flat out saying he wants to marry me, is like someone taking a knife putting it through my heart and twisting it." "Please make it stop." "I don't want to feel this way anymore." "I'm a basket case."