Chapter 11

Over the next six days Sam had called and text Hayley. She never answered. It was driving Sam crazy that he couldn't talk to her. They'd never gone this long without sending at least a text, even when they were both married. Hayley was doing everything she could to avoid Sam. Sam was at the arena in the bathroom doing his face paint. He couldn't get Hayley out of his head. Steve Borden (Sting) came in to do his.

"Hey Sam." He said.

"Hey Steve."

Steve saw Sam's face in the mirror, he'd seen that look many times. It was a broken heart. "A woman?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Are we alone?"

Steve checked the stalls. "All clear."

"What I'm about to tell is in the strictest of confidence." "I don't want everyone to know my business."

"Got it."

"Well you know Hayley Barnes and that we're friends."

"Yeah."

"We had sex and now she refuses to talk to me."

"How long has it been?"

"About a week."

"Was it a bad experience?"

"No, it was great." "It's never been like that for me with anyone, not even Priscilla."

"Do you know what it was like for her?"

"She enjoyed herself, I could tell."

"Maybe she just feels awkward."

"Maybe." "I hope she doesn't regret it." "I don't." "I need her." "I want to be with her."

"Tell her that."

"How?" "I told you she won't talk to me."

"Well she has to be around here somewhere."

Hayley was in the Women's Locker Room changing. She felt bad for not taking Sam's calls or texts but she didn't know what to say to him. She thought about him and their night together constantly. She was alone in the locker room when Britt came in.

"Hi Hayley." Britt said.

"Hi."

"Are you ok?"

"No, not at all."

"What's- There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." She went to get it.

"Britt." She whispered. Britt turned around. "If that's Sam I'm not here." "You don't know where I am." Britt nodded her head indicating she understood. She answered the door and came back ten seconds later. "Was that him?"

"Yeah."

Just then Hayley got a text. It read.

Where are you? Please answer me Hayley. – Sam

"Is that him?" Britt asked.

"Yeah."

"What's going on with you two?"

"We um, had sex."

"No." She said shocked.

"Yeah."

"When?"

"When we were in New York City last week."

"What happened?"

"We were in Central Park together." "He was messing around on his skateboard." "He tried to teach me how to ride his skateboard." "I about fell off and he caught me." "When he caught me, he kissed me." "We were all over each other in the elevator going up to his room."

"How was it?"

"Britt, I'm telling you, I still can't get over how incredible it was."

"So what's the problem?"

"He's only the second guy I've ever been with." "I was a virgin bride." "I don't know how to react to this." "I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say."

"You feelings for Sam don't you?"

"I don't want to."

"Why?"

"I could see me falling in love with him very easily, and I can't let myself do that."

"Why?"

"It's Sam, you know how close we are." "I'm closer to him then I've ever been to anyone, ever, including Lucas." "If I fell in love with Sam and it didn't work out, it would kill me." "I wish things could go back to the way they were."

"What if you get with Sam and it's the best thing that ever happens to you?"

"With my luck, very doubtful."

"Can I tell Austin?"

"As long as he doesn't tell anyone else."

"Ok."

Later that night Hayley had her match. In her rush to get back to the locker room to avoid Sam, she forgot to grab a water. As she went up to catering she didn't see him. However when she turned around he was right behind her.

"Sam." She said surprised.

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

"I, um... Sam's music came on.

"No." He said frustrated at the sound of it. He knew he had no choice but to go out. He went out.

She breathed a sigh of relief.

Hayley and Sam were having sex.

"Oh god, Sam, Sam!" She screamed out in pleasure.

She bolted upright in bed. Part of her wanted to go to Sam's room. Another part of her was scolding her.

"Hayley you can't be falling for Sam!" She thought. "You had sex with him one time for god's sake." "Amazing, incredible sex" "The way he kissed me." "His lips, his hands, his tongue, his body, the way it felt when his- "God damn it, stop it! "One night of sex does not mean you love him." "You don't."