Chapter 24

Hayley and Sam had decided to start looking for houses. It was January 3rd. They'd already looked at three houses in San Diego, but they decided to pass. They just arrived at a house to look at. They'd just walked in with the realtor. The first thing that caught Hayley's attention, was that the floors were at hardwood. The living room was huge. To the left was the kitchen. It was just as big as the living room. It had a big island in the center of the room, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances.

"I love this kitchen." Hayley said.

"Me to." Sam said.

"Through the double doors off the kitchen lead to the backyard." The realtor said. She opened the doors and they all went to the backyard. It was also huge.

"How big is this yard?" Sam asked.

"Hall an acre."

They went back inside to see the rest of the house. It had a fully finished basement, two bathrooms downstairs and upstairs, two guest rooms and a giant master bedroom. The realtor left Hayley and Sam alone in the master bedroom.

"I love this place." Sam said. "What do you think?"

"Yeah, I want it." She said smiling. "There's already three offers on it."

"I know." "If we have to, are we willing to pay above the asking price?"

"I am."

"So am I."

They'd made an offer on the house but hadn't heard back yet. Sam was on the road for a Dynamite show. Hayley was making dinner. Her cell phone rang.

"Hello?" She said.

Sam was in the arena bathroom and had just finished his face paint. His cell phone rang.

"Hello?" He said.

"Sam, we got it!" Hayley said happily.

"Yes!" "When can we move in?"

"I'm picking up the keys tomorrow."

Early the next morning after getting the keys, Hayley walked into a skating pro shop.

"May I help you?0 The man behind the counter asked.

"Do you sell those half pipe ramps?"

"Yes." "It will run you two grand."

"That's ok." "It's a birthday surprise for my boyfriend."