Chapter 60

Hayley and Sam got to the hospital as quickly as they could. She was immediately admitted. The doctor came in moments later and checked her.

"You have to deliver the baby immediately." The doctor said

"It's not time yet." Hayley said.

"We have no choice." "We need to perform an emergency C-Section."

"Will our baby be alright?"

"We'll know more once she's delivered." "She'll have to be put in an incubator after birth." "The nurse will be here to take you to the OR in a moment." The doctor left.

"Sam." Hayley said worried with tears in her eyes.

He hugged her. "It's gonna be fine baby." He didn't know if that was going to be true, but he prayed it would be.

After the procedure it was determined that Harlie weighed only four pounds, two ounces.

About a half hour after the procedure the doctor came in.

"It will be a long time before Harlie is well enough to be with the incubator, but she'll be fine." The doctor said. "The good news is her lungs are very strong." "The only reason she needs to be in the incubator, is because she's not supposed to be out of the womb yet." "She needs the warmth."

"I want to see her." Hayley said.

"Tomorrow, you both need your rest." The doctor left.

"See, she's ok." Sam said happily.

"I want to see her first thing tomorrow."

"We will." They hugged. "You're shaking, it's ok."

"I was so scared."

"So was I."

"I'm so glad you're here." She kissed him. "I love you Sam."

"I love you too Hayley." Sam didn't know what them saying that to each other meant right now, but he didn't care. He was just glad Hayley and Harlie were ok.