Chapter 5

It was the first show after the New Year. They were in Jacksonville, Florida. Hayley was sitting out back at the arena watch the sunset. Sam rolled up on his skateboard and sat down next to her.

"Hi Hayley." He said cheerfully.

"Hi Sam." "You seem like you're in a good mood today."

"I am."

"What happened with Priscilla?"

"She apologized to me Christmas morning." "Then we had sex, something we haven't done in at least three months."

"Why the sudden turn around?"

"I have no clue but I like it." "We haven't fought once since."

"Good."

"I think there might be hope for my marriage after all."

"That's great." "I'm so happy for you."

"How did your Christmas go?"

"Great." "I bought him a brand-new leather jacket." "He gave me a ton." "He spoils me."

"Did you do anything for New Years?"

"We just hung around the house."

"Us to."

"You live in Seattle right?"

"Yeah."

"I could never live anywhere where there were winters."

"Why?"

"I hate the cold."

A man came up to Sam holding a manila envelope. "Samuel Ratsch?" He asked.

"Yeah." Sam said. "You've been served." He handed it to him and walked away.

Sam opened it up and got a shocked look on his face. "What?" Hayley asked.

"Priscilla filed for divorce."

"I'm sorry."

"I have to go Hayley." He picked up his skateboard and walked away.

After the show on the tour bus, he told Hayley that Priscilla told him that Christmas and days following were a goodbye.

Hayley and Sam had been up talking for hours. Sam looked out the window. The sun was just starting to rise.

"Oh shit, I didn't think we've been talking that long." Sam said. "Look." She looked and saw the sun rising.

"It can't be that late already."

"Go get some sleep." "I'll be fine."

"You sure."

"Yeah." "Thanks for listening to me."

"Sam, we're friends." "That's what friends do."

"Not all friends."

She hugged him. "You're gonna be ok." "I'm always here if you need me."

"I know." "Thanks." She went back to the beds.