19

Chapter 19 Cats want to make money

    the next day.

    The windowless observation room also received light, and the warm light through the crack of the door spread to the foot of the bed against the wall.

    Pei Zhaozhou opened his eyes soberly, looking at the extra light strips on the ground in the empty observation room, and the amber gold eyes also reflected the golden brilliance.

    From time to time, the golden pupils moved slightly, chasing the light strips on the edge of the door that changed with time, and the quiet observation room stagnated thoughts.

    — Zombies?

    ——Is it even possible for Si Huaixi to become a zombie?

    Pei Zhaozhou's eyes were paranoid and cold.

    ——He won't die, even if he becomes a zombie, he won't die either.

    The time spent in the observation room quickly passed.

    Fortunately, there were no more zombie mutations. The polluted water sources brought by the people outside the base were cleaned up, and no one dared to touch the water that might turn people into zombies.

    There was a sound of unlocking the door.

    The person who came was Zhang Lu, a staff member of the observation room of the base. He came in and looked at Pei Zhaozhou curiously, and then said: "There is nothing wrong with the observation time, you can go out, but the commander came here in the morning and asked me to Let me tell you that he has some business to deal with at the temporary base, so I want you to go to the commander's house first."

    Pei Zhaozhou's eyes recovered a little anger: "Well, thank you for conveying."

    Last night, Si Huaixi noticed that Pei Zhaozhou was inexplicably Repelling him, he didn't seem to want to contact him, and it was too late, he just wanted to see how Pei Zhaozhou was doing, and didn't intend to occupy the only small bed in the observation room, so he offered to leave.

    It was still dark when we left.

    Because the clouds in the last days are always gray and gloomy, and there are not even a few stars.

    Before leaving, Si Huaixi glanced at Pei Zhaozhou several times.

    As a result, the unconscionable Mao Mao didn't even say a word to persuade her to stay, and finally left sullenly, helplessly, and sullenly.

    The sky was pitch black, and the road was also dark. Due to the insufficient power supply at the base, there were no street lights.

    Fortunately, Si Huaixi's body has long been different from that of ordinary people, and he can walk in the dark without hindrance, but when he walks, his back looks particularly bleak and lonely.

    Walked out of the observation room where he was locked up for twenty-four hours.

    Pei Zhaozhou went to get the card that the person who entered the Lucheng base for the first time needed to record his identity.

    The base staff handed over a form for Pei Zhaozhou to fill out.

    The staff responsible for registering Pei Zhaozhou was a middle-aged woman. Although the clothes on her body were not very new, she looked clean and tidy, and her spirit was much better than the yellow and emaciated people who lined up outside the base before.

    The middle-aged woman saw that the newcomer to the base was a tall and handsome young man, she immediately shook her spirits and said with a smile: "Young man, where are you from? No matter where you are from, you can come to our Lucheng base anyway." You are right, are you a supernatural person? Even if you are not a supernatural person, there are many jobs in the base that ordinary people can do. As long as you work hard, you can fill your stomach, which is better than going to those bases outside..."