20

Chapter 20

    The reason for not returning to the base is that there are endless meetings to hold.

    Si Huaixi leaned back slightly on the chair, Hailan's pupils were vacant, listening to the various people at the meeting getting up and talking, his fingers lightly rubbing his fingertips, and the base of his tongue tightened.

    The addiction to cigarettes is gone, but I want to pet cats even more.

    sigh.

    ——I don’t know if the cat is waiting at home.

    ——Is it impatient to wait, thinking of the cat that will be angry and blown hair, the amber golden cat's eyes are moist and round, I want to see it, but I am afraid that the cat will be even more angry... It

    just happened to be the turn to sit in the office The person opposite Huaixi stood up and spoke.

    Facing the commander's icy gaze, the person who got up suddenly shuddered and spoke with trepidation.

    I don't know why the commander, who has never paid attention to him, actually looked up at him. When his sharp sea-blue eyes stared at him motionlessly, he was so scared that he felt like a helpless little animal about to be bitten by a powerful predator at any time

    . Si Huaixi was looking at the clouds passing by the window behind him.

    A gray cloud drifted across the sky.

    Two spiky, fuzzy silhouettes emerge like a lazily curled cat.

    Si Huaixi lost his mind for a while, resting his hand on his chin, the clear sea-blue pupils slowly drifting past the cat and cat clouds, dyeing the original gray color with a touch of bright and clear blue.

    Suddenly a bird flew over and scattered the cloud of cats and cats!

    Anger flashed across the sea blue eyes.

    Si Huaixi squinted his eyes slightly, and the fierce aura made the person on the opposite side tremble even more, thinking anxiously about what he said wrongly just now that angered the commander.

    Fortunately, the commander didn't bother him when the man finished talking nervously and sat down. It seemed that he was thinking too much...

    The anger in Si Huaixi's eyes quickly dissipated.

    But if it weren't for the bird's smooth flying posture, it was obviously a natural wild bird.

    Usually, the flying posture of the zombie bird is deformed and stiff after mutation. The dead bird carcass is rotten and incomplete, and there may be only one wing left, but it can rely on the strength of the abnormally developed muscles after being infected with the zombie virus to support the zombie bird to continue its instinct flying.

    If it was a zombie bird that flew past just now, Si Huaixi might have gone out to hunt birds.

    There are not many natural species surviving in the last days. The zombie virus has spread to all corners of the world. Many forests have become the territory of zombie animals. The original animals are almost dead. In addition, zombies cannot reproduce. More and more species are extinct. .

    But human beings can't even take care of themselves, so how can they have the energy to protect these endangered animals.

    There is not much space left for humans and other surviving animals, and even the ocean has become the largest breeding ground for zombie viruses. Fortunately, zombie fish cannot violate physiological limitations and cannot walk on land.