39

Chapter 39

    Si Huaixi let go of his hand, slightly closing his sea-blue eyes with a smile.

    It's just that the smile didn't reach the bottom of the eyes, the deep-seated bitterness surged, and under the calm and calm face was the forbearance and restraint that no one noticed.

    If only Pei Zhaozhou was a real cat.

    But he's not...

    No one can guarantee that they can survive in the last days, and the same is true for Si Huaixi.

    Before the end of the last days, Si Huaixi didn't want to be emotionally involved with anyone.

    Facing Si Huaixi's sudden alienation, Pei Zhaozhou thought he would breathe a sigh of relief, but it didn't happen, instead, a trace of loss faintly flashed in his heart.

    Sudden.

    Pei Zhaozhou noticed the crystal nucleus in Si Huaixi's hand.

    This is larger than the seventh-order crystal nucleus that Professor Hu traded with him before, and the seventh-order crystal nucleus is only a little bigger than soybeans. The crystal nucleus in Si Huaixi's hand is almost as big as a small pigeon egg.

    Pei Zhaozhou couldn't help being curious about the level of that zombie that everyone except Si Huaixi couldn't hurt just now, and the crystal nucleus could be so big.

    Pei Zhaozhou asked directly: "What grade is this crystal nucleus?"

    He thought this question was not a big deal, but saw Si Huaixi's face suddenly darkened, and the whole person fell into silence.

    People from the surrounding base who are still dealing with the aftermath of the fire come and go, and there are many people.

    The only wounded person among them, who was unfortunately bitten by a zombie, was also sent to the observation room for attention. If he was lucky enough to awaken as a supernatural being and survive, if he was infected with a zombie in the end, it would be irreversible.

    Although there were some minor accidents, the appearance of zombies caused lingering fears among the residents of the surrounding bases.

    However, the leaders of the Lucheng base dealt with the sources of danger in a timely manner as always, and the faces of the people in the base still showed a relatively comfortable and relaxed expression.

    Ordinary people don't have a deep understanding of zombies, and most of them can only run away in a hurry when facing zombies. Even those with supernatural powers mostly stay at the middle and low levels, and they don't know much about high-level zombies than ordinary people.

    Once Si Huaixi revealed that the crystal nucleus in his hand belonged to a ninth-level zombie, the illusion of calm he had been struggling to maintain would be instantly shattered.

    The most powerful supernatural beings in the Lucheng base are recognized as Commander Si and Chief Cao.

    But Commander Si has always been very mysterious and no one can tell what level he is. He only knows that he is a high-level supernatural being, and he is not sure about the specifics. It should not be much different from Chief Cao.

    In addition, Chief Cao is a high-level lightning-type superhuman. Everyone in the base knows that Chief Cao is a rare and powerful lightning-type superhuman, or a powerful supernatural power up to the eighth level.

    If a zombie emerges randomly, it will be a ninth-level high-level zombie inside the base, which is more powerful than Chief Cao in the entire Lucheng base.