43

Chapter 43 Mr. Si is in danger!

    Day four of the zombie event.

    There is a cool breakfast on the dining table.

    The person who was supposed to be sitting in the opposite chair was nowhere to be seen.

    Pei Zhaozhou paused his gaze briefly, then quickly finished his breakfast and planned to go to the laboratory.

    6:30.

    go out.

    There are fewer pedestrians on the road than before, and even walking inside the base is in a hurry.

    Probably because of the recent arrests, many people saw with their own eyes that familiar people around them were captured by the base's supernatural beings.

    Even if the supernatural beings at the base said that a batch of materials had been stolen inside the base and that the people who were taken away were prisoners involved in it, the atmosphere in the base was still somewhat tense.

    In fact, they are right to do so. Anyone who is not a fool will avoid possible dangers in the end of the world, and the thieves declared to the public are actually zombies. Keeping the door closed will save you from trouble.

    When Pei Zhaozhou was walking on the road, he encountered two patrol teams of supernatural beings, and the guards were stricter than before.

    It's just that Si Huaixi was nowhere to be seen.

    Except for a quick meeting yesterday, Si Huaixi has been busy arresting zombies according to the list these days. Some zombies noticed anomalies and caused riots in the base, which made him, Chief Cao and other well-informed supernatural beings extremely busy.

    Pei Zhaozhou also needs to seize the time to make the energy tower. The two perform their duties in their respective fields and rarely meet each other.

    It takes about ten minutes to walk to the laboratory.

    It's just that this time Pei Zhaozhou took a few unfamiliar alleys that he wouldn't normally walk, and took a slightly longer detour for nearly ten minutes.

    There is an alley with many turns, and the dark and narrow paths between the dense residential buildings lead in all directions, and you will get lost if you are not careful.

    Pei Zhaozhou walked a little faster, his figure shuttled through the alley, walked into several forked intersections, deliberately made a circle and went straight to the main road that was illuminated.

    turn around.

    The figure at the corner had no time to dodge.

    Pei Zhaozhou was exposed to the sun, his amber golden eyes flashed cold doubts, he looked at the people who followed him all the way, and raised his gun to ask.

    "Who are you?"

    The shadow hiding in the depths of the alley still dare not appear, like a disgusting and dirty mouse hiding in the sewer.

    8:00.

    laboratory.

    Pei Zhaozhou calmly opened the door of the laboratory, just in time to be seen by Professor Yan passing by.

    Professor Yan greeted him, and what he said next made Pei Zhaozhou's expression change suddenly.

    Professor Yan smiled kindly and said, "Morning, Teacher Pei, why did you come an hour later than usual today?"