Chapter 59

Delilah and Anthony accompanied the Bridgerton women in the Silvester drawing room. as Violet pampered over Eloise. It seemed she was so happy with the turn out of Daphne's marriage, she forgot Eloise had completely separate views.

"There. You see? Lady Goring was quite taken with Eloise's dress last night, Madame Delacroix. She would keep saying how well it complemented her complexion. She said you reminded her of Daphne, dearest." Violet gushed.

Eloise frowned, giving Delilah a look from across the room where she was having one of her mothers gowns altered. "I am not Daphne."

"Anthony, do you think I should pin it here, or here?" Delilah asked, trying to get a glance at herself while holding a part of the dress back in different lengths.

Anthony looked at her before shaking his head, "Darling, I don't think my opinion will matter if I give it."

Delilah paused for a moment before nodding her head, "True. I do not believe I will listen to it anyway." She smiled over at Anthony.

"This is the one." Violet said, looking at a fabric against Eloise's skin. She handed it to Madame Delacroix who nodded before turning back to her daughter, "You do know, Eloise, that you might enjoy the next ball if you do, in fact, dance with someone."

"Yes, because it certainly seemed as though the new Lord had a thrilling time. Swept away by many a nimble-footed young lady, Delilah?"

Delilah scoffed, "The Lord does not know what he wants. Besides, if he's anything like I know he will be the same as Anthony."

Anthony turned to her eyes, "Like me?"

"Yes. He will shun love until love slaps him in the face and demands its attention."

Anthony grumbled, "Well, Miss. Silvester, I can hardly feel my toes if that is what love is. I thought you ladies were taught to dance."

Eloise scoffed, "I thought you gentlemen capable of worthwhile conversation."

Delilah laughed, "How sad both of your hopes were dashed. And, oh how depressing it is that Anthony Bridgerton fell for the orphan of the town."

Anthony frowned at her, "Delilah-"

"Don't chastise me, I know what I said."

Delilah turned as Hyacinth came skipping into the room, "I think Eloise would make a brilliant diamond."

Violet smiled at her youngest daughter, "I couldn't agree more, Hyacinth."

"How was the garden?" Delilah asked.

Hyacinth beamed at her, "Lovely. The flowers are your signature, yes?"

Delilah nodded with a smile, "White roses. Yes, they are."

Benedict then walked in and took a look at the modist with a pause. Delilah watched carefully. Why did he pause? Then Delilah smiled, oh, how lovely.

"Madame Delacroix, I didn't know you were back in town." He greeted the modist.

Madame Delacroix nodded with a nervous smile, "Bien sur! Who else could dress these delicate debutantes for the season?"

Delilah watched the interaction with a raised brow. Her eyes peered at Anthony who inconspicuously nodded his head. Oh joy, Benedict was seeing the modist.

So after Madame Delacriox finished with Delilah's gown. She headed to the sun room of the estate where Benedict sat before a painting.

"So, you and Madame Delacroix? Interested in stitching?" She teased walking in.

Benedict gave a low laugh before shaking his head, "Apparently not. Have you found your husband yet? Or are you planning to wait until everyone else has wed so you don't have to."

"Touchy." Delilah frowned, "Anthony hasn't proposed so I suppose I am waiting on him."

Benedict looked up at her, "You won't have to wait."

Delilah sighed, if only Benedict knew about the trouble concerning her visitor. Speaking of Lord Averey, as her eyes peered over the garden, there stood the curls of Williamson lurking around innocently.

The argument of the other morning still not forgotten, so when Williamson made connection to Delilah's eyes and sighed in sorrow when she looked away he knew he had to apologize. Delilah was doing more than enough hosting his season and for him to be so rude over the troubles of a woman with the manners of a pig would not do him any good.

His father was dead, he did not have to marry Miss. Silvester. She was to marry the Viscount Bridgerton, but it had him wondering who would take hold of Lady Aevery.

He sighed, first he had to apologize.

-----

Dinner that night was held in the dining room. Delilah turned down in a simple evening gown and did not look up when Williamson arrived in the room.

As the food was brought out she kept her gaze low and took sips from her wine.

"I'm sorry."

Delilah peered up, "Mm."

Williamson sighed, "I am sorry. I should not have said what I said."

For a moment Williamson thought he had lost his stay in the Silvester Estate. His mind briefly flashed to the mysterious woman, stop, he scolded himself. His eyes refocused on Delilah's soft smile.

"There's a girl, isn't there?" She asked.

 Williamson sighed and relaxed upon seeing Delilah speaking to him again. "No, there is not."

"Well there were lovely ladies in attendance last night, were there not? Lady Abigail has beautiful manners, and I hear Miss Goodrum is very accomplished in her needlework. Although I do have to discredit that as she has tried to switch her stitching for mine." Delilah grumbled playfully.

Williamson laughed lightly, taking a bite out of the food served.

"Perhaps you shall get to know them better?" Delilah asked.

"Lady Abigail can barely string a sentence together, and Miss Goodrum thinks that Napoleon fights for the Spanish." Williamson frowned across the table.

"Abigail was always shy."

"Well, for Lady Abigail and every other eager chit pushed in my direction, I'd happily never lay eyes on them again." Williamson stated, swiftly emptying his glass of wine.

"Williamson-"

"I look for perfection, Delilah." Williamson continued, "The woman I marry shall be Lady Aevery, the Lady of my house and responsible for launching my children someday. I have only seen one who appeases me and yet she has the attitude of a cow!"

Delilah laughed, "So there is a girl."

"There is not!" Williamson huffed.

----------

Ah, Hello.

It has been quite a long time hasn't it. Well, I'm back. I never went away though I just took a well needed break. Hitting 100k was the accomplishment I had been working up to forever and to hit that has been amazing. I am taking time for my other book (Childhood Memories) since this one has come so far but I am not giving this one up.

I also have new stories in the works behind the scene. I am planning to start releasing one on the Umbrella Academy (Five x OC).

I have some in the works regarding Harry Potter. I won't spoil those characters chosen quite yet. 

I have one in the edits for The Outerbanks (JJ x OC).

And, thinking about writing an 1883 fan-fiction. 

Let me know your thoughts and ideas. I love you all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Fluffycow54