Chapter 65

With the races beginning, Delilah sat down with Anthony and began to study the horses. If her father was here right now, they would be in fits of laughter with jokes as he put butterfly kisses all around her cheeks as she cradled into her mothers arms to get away in a ruckus of giggles.

"Which one is your pick, my lord?" Delilah asked, turning to Anthony.

Anthony chuckled and looked down at her before looking up with a look mocking seriousness in studying the horses.

"Well, Miss Silvester, Nectar. Well-bred, highly trained, and well-favored."

Delilah scoffed, "Nectar. Really?"

"Yes. I have a feeling about him." Anthony nodded.

"A feeling?" Delilah questioned.

Anthony looked at her with a glare, "Pardon me?"

Delilah laughed as Anthony struggled to hold his glare, "You simply chose the horse everyone else has chosen. Quite a "feeling"."

"I made a strategic bet." Anthony argued.

Delilah nodded her head mockingly, "So you've considered the horse's temperament, as well as the condition of the track, in order to properly assess its true potential?"

"Nectar ran fine at Doncaster." Anthony commented.

"But that was much cooler. Thus his size was an advantage. Today the track is soft, and it is hot, meaning he will struggle to make headway, overheat, and slow down during the final leg." Delilah smirked at him.

"You didn't even attend Doncaster." Anthony grumbled under his breath.

Delilah smiled at him, "No, but you and Williamson did and you two certainly filled me in on it. That is also why High Flyer, a much swifter, lighter, cooler horse, will win the victory."

"Delilah, I would say you think too much." Williamson's voice came, he walked over with the Sharma sisters.

Kate looked at him, "And you, too little. Delilah made a very fine argument and I agree with her."

Delilah smiled at her and patted the seats next to her, "Thank you, Kate. Come, sit with us!"

The three took they're seats when Williamson leaned behind Kate and nodded at Anthony, "I agree with Nectar on winning. After Doncaster, he will run just fine."

Anthony nodded with a smile and turned to Delilah with a smirk, "Hear that, love, Nectar has good chances.

"Yes darling, and say that to me when this race is over and I win." She said, placing a small kiss to his lips.

As the horses began to line up the crowd started to cheer. Delilah clapped her hands and whistled as Anthony placed a kiss on her temple and clapped as well.

As the whistle sounded for the horses, Delilah and Anthony immediately jumped up and began to cheer against each other.

"Yes!" Anthony yelled, "That's it Nectar."

"Come now High Flyer!" Delilah clapped with a wide smile. Her eyes were sparkling a light silver that glowed just moreover with the happiness she radiated.

Williamson watched as Kate stood up to yell in support of High Flyer alongside Delilah and his heart began to race. Her competitive nature against everyone else had his breathing catching itself but he shook his head. He could not fall for the sister of the woman he had promised himself he would marry.

Delilah watched as High Flyer came around first and won. She jumped in joy and looked at Anthony who was just looking at her. It was times like this when the ton saw them as just kids, when Anthony and Delilah were still children in the ton and running around with their fathers.

Anthony saw the love of his life however, the woman he would propose to soon and officially make her a Bridgerton.

 "I must say, I have never bested a viscount before. Beating you feels the same as any other win but somehow smells sweeter." Delilah smiled.

Anthony shook his head, "My love, you bested me when you had me at my knees for you."

Delilah smiled before her eyes caught Kate storming away with her sister. Her eyes quickly frowned in worry and she quickly ran over, "Kate! Where are you going?"

Kate paused and looked at her sister with a nod before turning, "You're guest. He is a foul liar. Come, Edwina, we are leaving."

Delilah stood there with shock on her face before turning to where Anthony had caught Williamson with a stern look on his face. She paced over there hearing the conversation slightly as she approached.

"So you lie. For what, that is not how you approach a woman, you do not lie to her sister to get attention!" Anthony scolded.

Delilah put a hand on his arm, "We are leaving, Williamson, and you shall explain everything on the way home. Anthony, you are free to go with your family."

"Oh no." Anthony glared, "I'm going to be coming with you."