Chapter 63

Delilah was reading a letter from Daphne. The two best friends had kept in touch through letters, aside the fact that Daphne was due to visit soon. Delilah missed her best friend and her other unrelated brother who had both escaped to the small village Simon ran.

However happy she was that her best friend got her happy ending, she was sad she had left. No matter how many trips Delilah took to the countryside.

Hello Lily,

It has been some time since I've last heard. However, being a duchess, it is hard to make time for duties when you are raising a son. I'm very happy about the progress in your courtship with Anthony, perhaps the fool shall propose soon enough.

Simon was very skeptical about it in the beginning, but he is very happy for you as well.

Suddenly the letter from Daphne was ripped away from her hands.

She looked up but the sight of Colin reading her letter had her anger melting into joy, the sight of him back in London from travels bringing a certain light into the room.

"Truly to see you in such happy times with my brother is all I need to know you are truly and irrevocably in love and it joys me to see it from the outside. Your dearest, Daphne. Oh, how sweet." Colin finished the letter with a smile.

Delilah snatched the letter back and looked at the younger boy who had certainly grown. He had adopted a beard and his skin was sun-touched, "Please. Don't chastise me, at least Daphne writes to me!"

"Brother!"

Delilah turned to Eloise and Penelope Featherington. She watched with a smile as Colin embraced his younger sister while she stepped to Penelope's side.

"So, when are you going to tell him?" Delilah asked.

Penelope looked up at her and panicked, "What?"

Delilah giggled, "You look at him as I look at Anthony and as Daphne does Simon. Please Penelope, I may not know you well, but I know what love looks like."

She turned her head however as Violet walked into the drawing room of the Bridgerton House, "I did not expect you to return so soon, dearest."

"Well, I missed you all. What can I say?" Colin smiled at his mother.

Then Gregory and Hyacinth rushed into the room with smiles coming to greet their older brother.

"I believe we must get you to the doctor post-haste." Eloise began, "This strange, funny growth on your chin is some kind of disease."

Delilah nodded her head joining Eloise's side, "And you seem to have taken to the sun too. How peculiar."

Violet chuckled, shaking her head at the girls, "I think he looks distinguished."

"I'm now two inches taller than Gregory!" Hyacinth smiled.

"You are not." Gregory retaliated.

Colin looked around before looking to Delilah, "And where, may I ask, is our intrepid viscount?"

Delilah looked to the door opening as Anthony and Williamson stepped into the room, "He is back from going to get Lord Averey."

Williamson sighed and Anthony smiled as he caught sight of his brother, "Colin! You are returned. Even better. Colin, Lord Averey, otherwise called Williamson. Greetings can be established later. We will be attending, united as one." Anthony said, walking over and pulling Delilah in by the waist, placing a kiss to her forehead.

"Lord Averey?" Colin asked. 

Williamson nodded his head, "Yes, I am hosting my season at Delilah's estate. She has kindly agreed to give me board."

Colin nodded his head and looked over the Anthony and Delilah, "Anthony, he is living with your beloved."

Anthony nodded his head, "Yes, and he is also no more a threat then the flowers outside that I can easily pick if they step out of line."

"Anthony." Delilah scolded.

Williamson laughed, "No, he is right. Nothing happens between us, we are strictly family at this moment and all going forward."

Anthony nodded his head and looked down to Delilah, "Let us go. I know you have been wanting to wear you're mothers day dress."

"The silver one?" Delilah asked. 

Anthony nodded, "Yes, and it would be a perfect event for you to wear that gown at."

Delilah smiled up at him with her sparkling silver eyes. "What a lovely idea."