Chapter 41

Back

That same day, Yovin's cousins, Grehan and Pharis came to pick me up at the hospital so they can accompany me to Del Blanca.

Saglit lang kaming umuwi ni Yovin sa condo niya at kaagad ring bumalik sa ospital kaya doon na rin sila nagtungo para sunduin ako.

And while watching the two gorgeous men in front of me now, I can't help but compare the two of them. They are the very opposite of each other that even when they're both wearing corporate suits, looking so formal, their difference was so obvious.

They were like the lights on and lights off. Like an angel and a devil.

Pharis looks friendly and easy to vibe with. His light aura makes him look more approachable and gentle compared to Grehan. Though he's not always smiling, hindi naman masasabing masungit siyang tao. Plus his eyeglasses and slightly wavy brown hair in a middle part haircut, parang sobrang kagalang-galang tingnan.

On the other hand, Grehan looks like the cold bad boy type of a guy. His black mullet hairstyle and cross pendant piercing says it all. Lagi ring nakakunot ang noo na tila anumang oras ay handang manuntok. At kung ngumiti man minsan ay nagmumukha lang na nag-aaya ng suntukan.

"Stop staring at them." I heard Yovin beside me. "Mga pangit naman 'yan."

Natawa ako at binalingan siya. "Kung pangit sila ibig sabihin pangit ka rin."

Kumunot ang noo niya. "What?"

I slightly pursed my lips as I let my eyes wander on his face. "You are like the complete combination of them. Pinaghalong Pharis at Grehan. Maybe that's why you're the most handsome among your Abuelo's grandsons?"

He immediately shook his head, stifling a small smile on his lips. This big guy is known for being confident but now, acting like a shy highschool boy. "Bola pa, babe."

"Totoo." I insisted. "Ayaw mong maniwala?"

Umiling lang siya ulit. Pahumble pa kunwari.

"Totoo nga."

He smirked. "Fine. If you say so."

Ngumisi ako pabalik. I was about to ask him something when Alisha butted in, not letting me talk any further.

"Sir, the doctor is here." She informed sweetly.

Kapwa kami ni Yovin napatingin sa pinto ng operating room. Hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang pagngisi ng babae nang iniwan ako ni Yovin para lapitan ang kapatid na doktor.

I don't know why she's acting like she won something when in the first place, there is no competition to begin with. Alam kong isang tawag ko lang kay Yovin, babalik 'yon sa tabi ko pero hindi ako baliw para gawin iyon sa ganitong sitwasyon.

Habang masinsinang nag-uusap sina Yovin, Nicolai, at Doc Jeremy ay lumapit naman sa akin si Alisha. Pharis who was sitting on the waiting bench looked at us curiously. Siniko pa nito ni Grehan na kanina pa nakapikit habang nakaupo sa tabi niya. Grehan only opened his eyes for a moment then proceeded to closing it again like everything in the world is just so boring.

Tumigil si Alisha sa tapat ko.

"Kung akala mo nanalo ka dahil nasayo siya, puwes, nagkakamali ka. I will get him back sooner and I will make sure that you'll witness it." Bulong nito sa paraang ako lang ang makakarinig.

"Sino . . ." I said lazily.

Thinking that I didn't get her point, she almost lost her cool. "Si Yovin!"

". . . ang nagtanong?" I added.

"Y-You bitch—"

The corner of my lips stretched for a small smirk. "Tigilan mo ako, Alisha. If you're that desperate to get him even when it was clear that you can't because he's not interested, it's a pity but you're just wasting your time and energy. Ginagawa mo lang katawa-tawa ang sarili mo."