Chapter 44

Zhou Jingnian chatted casually with He Tao and the others. Seeing more and more people present, Zhou Jingnian took a sip of red wine and turned his gaze to the entrance, where a small car stopped slowly. old man.

Liu Honggang, another major shareholder of the Zhou Group, brothers Zeng and Zhou Yong are sworn brothers, and they turned from black to white together.

Although the Zhou family has been out of gangsters for many years, Zhou Yong has also gradually transformed into a kind-hearted businessman. Liu Honggang is different. He is used to fighting for power and money with violence, and he is obsessed with it. He actually disagrees with asking him to turn from black to white and become a pure businessman. But among the brothers who worked together, more than half agreed, so he had to compromise. He is in charge of Zhou's entertainment company. The way he controls artists is to use violence to force them to join power and sex transactions in order to make money. For those with tougher bones, he uses drugs and monitors His family members, Ying Hanhai, are nothing but his lackeys who obey his orders.

The company has turned white, but he has become darker and darker, so the fierce aura on him has not changed over the years, but even worse. At this moment, the corners of his mouth were tightened when he glanced down, and his triangular eyes always seemed to be full of dark prey and deep calculations.

As soon as Liu Hong entered the arena, Zhou Jianfeng greeted him, yelling "Uncle Liu, Uncle Liu". Zhou Yong was talking to others at this time, when he saw him, he smiled and took two steps forward and stopped there.

In the past few years, Liu Honggang and Zhou Yong have been at odds with each other. Zhou Yong was aware of Liu Honggang's private affairs, and he was opposed to it. But he didn't know that Liu Honggang had been involved in drugs, otherwise he wouldn't have greeted him with a smile now.

When Liu Honggang came over, Zhou Yongfang stretched out his hand and said, "Old Liu, you are late, and you will be fined three cups.

" Those eyes looked a little weird. He laughed and said: "Three glasses is three glasses." The

waiter next to him brought the wine in time.

Liu Honggang drank three glasses in a row, and the atmosphere of the reception really became lively.

Afterwards, Ji Pingting also came to talk, and even Zhou Jingyan, who was beside Zhou Yong, interjected a few words, which attracted Liu Honggang to praise a few words.

Liu Honggang is a pawn that Zhou Jingnian will move away in the future, so he naturally has to go over to greet him.

That night, Zhou Jingyan followed Zhou Yong and actually met a lot of people. Ji Pingting and those noble wives also had a lively fight. For adulthood, at most the juniors in the family can contact each other. Zhou Jingnian watched these people from the perspective of a bystander throughout the whole process.

When the reception was in full swing, a reporter from Forty-Nine City received an anonymous email. The content is to report a series of illegal activities such as violent demolition and beating the owner to death during the construction process of the construction company under the Zhou Group. The reporter browsed the content twice in a row, then dialed a phone number, and quickly got instructions from the other party to investigate the truth of the matter overnight.

This night passed so seemingly peacefully.

The current May 17 long holiday has not been changed to three days, and the two days are only on the third day.

When Zhou Jingnian went downstairs to have breakfast in the morning, the whole family was already sitting at the dining table. Zhou Yong was reading the newspaper, Zhou Jianfeng and Zhou Jingyan were talking nearby, and Ji Pingting helped the auntie in the kitchen prepare breakfast.

Except for Zhou Jingnian, everyone in this family gained something from yesterday's reception. Especially Ji Pingting's mother and son, one has finally made it into the social circle of a powerful lady after years of hard work, and the other has been brought by Zhou Yong to meet many people. Going out can be described as a spring breeze.

It's just that this kind of complacency lasted until the next day. After Ji Pingting answered a phone call, she disappeared immediately. When Zhou Jingnian was about to go out, he happened to see Ji Pingting hang up the phone with a pale face. At that moment, he visibly flinched, and then immediately moved away with a guilty conscience.

Zhou Jingnian hooked the corners of his mouth unobtrusively, he could probably guess who made the call. Before being imprisoned, Ji Pingting lived in fear for a while.

After Zhou Jingnian left, Ji Pingting suddenly came back to her senses, hurriedly changed her clothes and went out.

Ji Pingting's driver didn't call, but went out to take a taxi by herself, and finally came to a cafe.

Zhao Youfang sat in the corner in a daze, the coffee in front of her was completely cold. Her hair should have been tied up casually, and it looked a bit messy without proper care. The white hair at the sideburns made her look much older than before. Having lived a rich life for more than ten years, it has been a long time since Zhao Youfang has such a slovenly side.

Zhao Youfang feels that life has never been so difficult, and the days of being a servant in a low-key manner were more comfortable and relaxed than now. After the things were lost, she called the police immediately, but she didn't take financial insurance for the things she kept—she didn't dare. What she signed was only a lease contract instead of a storage contract. She put something in the safe The bank doesn't know, and the bank doesn't care. The bank's statement was only to ask her to call the police, and the police would intervene in the investigation of everything.

In other words, if she lost something, the bank is not responsible.

Why would you lose it? Who stole it? Inadvertently or on purpose?

Zhao Youfang thought about these issues many times, while regretting why she put such an important thing in such an unsafe place, and at the same time fearing that she might face prison after the Dongchuang incident happened. She hesitated for more than a month. Although she lacked a weight to continue to threaten Ji Pingting when necessary in the future, Zhao Youfang had no other choice. The energy of the other party was always greater than hers, so she finally couldn't help looking for it. Ji Pingting.

Zhao Youfang knew the phone number of Zhou's old house, and it hadn't changed, so when she called, Ji Pingting picked it up.

The thing that recorded the information about her crime was lost. It was like a thunderbolt suddenly struck Ji Pingting's head. As soon as she thought about it being exposed, all her hard work for so many years would be turned into nothing. Bubbles. As soon as she entered the cafe, she saw Zhao Youfang sitting in the corner. She walked over and sat down, ignoring the self-cultivation of Mrs. Fu, whom she had managed to raise for so many years, and asked Zhao Youfang in a low voice and angrily: "What's going on? You dare to lose this kind of thing!"

Zhao Youfang was also about to cry. tears. After putting the things in, she has to go to see them three times a month. After so many years, she has been fine, and she has not moved the place. However, who would have thought that it would be lost if it was lost.

She explained the matter carefully, including the fact that the current police investigation has made little progress.

When Ji Pingting heard that she had actually called the police, she couldn't keep her voice down, and glared at Zhao Youfang, "You're crazy!"

She had a guilty conscience, so she was naturally afraid of the police. What if the things are taken by the police and others secretly look at them?

Now all hope is on Ji Pingting, Zhao Youfang opened and closed his mouth, not daring to say anything, like an eggplant beaten by frost.

As soon as Ji Pingting heard that she had called the police, she couldn't sit still, so she stood up and asked Zhao Youfang to go with her to drop the case.

Zhao Youfang hastily followed.

——When

Zhou Jingnian came back in the evening, Ji Pingting was already at home, she was still wearing the same outfit she had when she went out, she was still holding her bag, and she was sitting on the sofa absent-mindedly. She went to see the bank monitoring today. This happened suddenly, but the item should have been lost a few days earlier, because the bank monitoring showed that everything was normal a few days before Zhao Youfang discovered that the item was missing. Only one day before that, because of a thunderstorm on this street, a tree that was struck down by lightning damaged the power lines, resulting in a sudden power outage. By the time the bank restarted with a generator, a few minutes had passed.

And these few minutes are completely enough for those who are interested.

Ji Pingting has no clue as to how to retrieve the things. She is today because of her eyebrows and cruelty when she was young. Her family is powerless and has no one she can trust. Tell Zhou Jianfeng about this, the only person she can find now is her half-brother Ji Yong.

However, because her mother is actually the mistress, her relationship with Ji Yong is not very good. Ji Pingting feels that she has to think carefully about how to speak about this matter.

When eating at night, Ji Pingting seemed to have no appetite, and she couldn't help being dazed after a few mouthfuls, causing Zhou Yong to look at her several times.

"Mom? Are you uncomfortable?" As a son, Zhou Jingyan was naturally very concerned.

Ji Pingting forced a smile: "It's really uncomfortable, maybe it's because I drank something cold today." She put down her chopsticks, talked to Zhou Yong and Zhou Jianfeng, and went back to her room first.

Before leaving the dining table, Ji Pingting couldn't help but glance at Zhou Jingnian, and saw that he was always sitting there with that expressionless face, as if drawing a line invisibly to distinguish herself from other Zhou family members. It seemed so out of place.

Ji Pingting frowned, suppressed the anxiety in her heart and went upstairs.

However, when Ji Pingting was hesitating whether to ask Ji Yong for help, a message was published on the front page of a certain morning newspaper on the 6th.

Because of anxiety, Ji Pingting didn't sleep well for the past two nights, and woke up a bit late this morning. When she went downstairs, she saw Zhou Jianfeng angrily slapping the newspaper in his hand on the table.

"What! Scribbled!" Zhou Jianfeng's face was flushed, his chest heaved greatly, and he was very angry.

The newspaper was falling in front of Zhou Jingnian, so he picked it up and read it.

The content published in it said that a construction company under the Zhou Group had violently demolished and killed the owner of a certain real estate project in Zhoucheng. This incident happened in March last year. The perpetrators should have been arrested and compensated. But instead of any compensation, the perpetrator is still at large, and has harassed and threatened the owner's family with violence for more than a year.

And this construction company is actually affiliated with the Zhou family, and the affiliated person is Ji Pingting's elder brother, Ji Yong. But now that something happened, it was the Zhou family who was directly implicated, Zhou Jianfeng who was in charge of the real estate.

In Zhou Jingnian's memory of his previous life, this incident did not happen, which means that in his previous life, Zhou's power was suppressed from beginning to end. This life has been reported, and the only change may be that he told his uncle about it in advance.

My uncle didn't tell him how he would punish Zhou Jianfeng, but as expected, it should indeed be the other party's handwriting.

It's not yet time to turn against Zhou, so it's impossible for my uncle to personally take action and leave any clues. However, the Zhou family has grown stronger and stronger in the past few years. If this kind of news wants to be published, it is impossible for Zhou Jianfeng to receive any news. Zhou was caught off guard.