Chapter 59

Standing on the bustling street, Zhou Jingnian was at a loss for a moment, strange city, strange street, where is he and why did he suddenly appear here.

He looked down at the pajamas he was wearing and his bare feet. He was not cold, and he didn't feel anything when he stepped on the ground with his bare feet. Then he looked at the pedestrians around him who ignored him, and suddenly realized that he was dreaming.

Just when he turned his head and looked around to determine where it was, as if he had been guided, he suddenly saw a familiar figure in the crowd far away.

The man was wearing loose sportswear and was standing in front of a small clinic with a dazed look on his face.

It's Fang Zheng.

"A Zheng!"

Zhou Jingnian called out, but got no response, and then remembered that A Zheng in the dream was like everyone else, who couldn't see him. He passed through the crowd and got closer and closer to Fang Zheng. He saw Fang Zheng frowning slightly, with a layer of melancholy covering his face.

Zhou Jingnian froze for a moment. In his life, he hadn't seen such emotions in Fang Zheng for a long time, but this was not unfamiliar to him, because he had seen Fang Zheng like this most in his previous life.

This is not the current Ah Zheng, but the Ah Zheng from the previous life.

Behind Fang Zheng, a man in his 40s chased him out. He took Fang Zheng's arm and said hesitantly, "Little brother, you should give me your hand again. I must have made a wrong diagnosis."

Fang Zheng But as if being scalded, he quickly withdrew his hand, then hurriedly shook his head in refusal, and walked away quickly.

Zhou Jingnian followed behind him, his eyes darkened. He probably guessed that this should be the time when Fang Zheng started to notice something strange about his body in his previous life.

Looking at the time at this time, it seems to be in the morning, and Zhou Jingnian has been following Fang Zheng, walking non-stop in the streets and alleys around here. Whenever he sees a small private clinic, he will go in to see if he can get a pulse. , without exception, are pregnant, making Fang Zheng's face more and more desperate.

Finally, Fang Zheng walked into a pharmacy with a tired expression, and bought a lot of several pregnancy test items in the pharmacy.

Zhou Jingnian followed Fang Zheng back to his current residence, on a certain floor of an old residential building. A two-bedroom, one-living room is filled with high and low beds, the space is cramped, and there are people sleeping on the beds. Some posters of bar activities are pasted side by side on some walls as wallpapers. Fang Zheng is probably still working at this time. Here It is the staff dormitory.

Fang Zheng climbed into his bed. He looked too tired, but lying on the bed, he couldn't fall asleep, his eyes were open and his eyes were empty.

He was lying there like this, Zhou Jingnian stood by the bed and looked at him.

Zhou Jingnian, like the only remaining ghost in this world, followed Fang Zheng every step of the way. He watched Fang Zheng hide in the toilet and take a pregnancy test with his morning urine, and took the pregnancy test items to nearby clinics and pharmacies to inquire. I told him the known and hopeless result for the first time; watching Fang Zheng go to ask for leave from the bar manager, he could only hold back his smile when he was scolded by the bar manager, and then managed to buy the drug for abortion, watching in the empty dormitory at night Those medicine instructions hesitated several times, and finally flushed all the medicines down the toilet.

During the period, Fang Zheng also dialed the number he used in the Belvedere in his previous life from the public phone booth, but he always got a cold shutdown reply.

In his previous life, Fang Zheng didn't have a mobile phone. After Zhou Jingnian left Licheng, he was busy with Zhou's family affairs. In order to facilitate contact with his collaborators, he changed back to the local mobile phone number in Sijiu City. Later, he remembered Fang Zheng and called Wen Yang and the others. Help him inform Fang Zheng, and the reply is that Fang Zheng cannot be found. He was tired of dealing with the Zhou family, so he just asked Wen Yang and the others to continue looking for Fang Zheng. He didn't get any news from Fang Zheng until the university was about to start. At that time, he became completely anxious and retrieved the number he had used before. He carried two mobile phones on his body every day, but the number of Belvedere never rang.

Only then did Zhou Jingnian realize that it wasn't that Fang Zheng hadn't contacted him, it was just that they had missed it.

After that, the dream began to change. He saw Fang Zheng staring at the university admission notice in a daze, followed him to quit his job, went to a small remote county, and rented a small room; When he got up at night, he couldn't sleep well, couldn't eat, and vomited, but when he could eat well, he was often too hungry to fall asleep in the middle of the night because of his lack of hands.

Fang Zheng didn't want to keep the child in his stomach. Aborting a drug alone is very dangerous and may kill him. He didn't dare to take this risk, but he didn't dare to let anyone know. Keeping the child, and giving birth, seemed to be the only way he could go that seemed the most correct. But the process of pregnancy is very painful, Fang Zheng endured all of this alone as a man, all kinds of pregnancy reactions made him almost collapsed, his emotions lost control, and he beat Xianhuai's belly.

But when he encountered these things, Zhou Jingnian was helpless. He stood beside Fang Zheng and comforted Fang Zheng over and over again, but this was just a dream. Even if he yelled hoarsely, Fang Zheng would have nothing to do with his existence. Sleep.

When Fang Zheng's belly was getting bigger and bigger, he never went out except to buy daily necessities, and he didn't communicate with other tenants at all. He bought some books related to pregnancy and childbirth and took them home to read to pass Time, and some medicine, also prepared some.

As the time to conceive life increases day by day, the influence on Fang Zheng's emotions is also slowly changing. Every time he takes a bath and looks at his belly, the expression of indifference and disgust on his face disappears, and his expression becomes peaceful. , even pampering. When staying alone in the house, apart from reading, Fang Zheng interacted with the fetus that was already moving and played the first parent-child games.

Staying in this small room every day, there is no entertainment to pass the time effectively, but because of the interaction with the fetus, Fang Zhengran's heart slowly fell to the ground. Through this interaction, they became closer and closer, and the existence of the fetus became an important part of life. Fang Zheng is the pillar of all emotions, and all the emotions in his heart have a support again.

This change of mood was good for Fang Zheng, but Zhou Jingnian's mood did not relax. Fang Zheng didn't go to the hospital for an examination, so he didn't know, but Zhou Jingnian contacted Fang Zheng's situation in this life, and through Fang Zheng's unusually large belly, he knew clearly that there were two small lives in it.

Just when Zhou Jingnian was feeling restless, the scene suddenly changed again, he came from the narrow rental house to an unfamiliar street.

In the dream, when Fang Zheng knew that he was pregnant, the weather had not turned cold yet. After the screen jumped, Zhou Jingnian found that everyone in the dream was wearing thick winter clothes, and the nearby stores were already selling New Year's goods.

Zhou Jingnian was startled, and after calculating the time, Fang Zheng was already more than seven months pregnant at this time.

The magical induction came again, Zhou Jingnian turned his head suddenly, and found Fang Zheng on the sidewalk. At this moment, Fang Zheng was wearing a large cotton coat, a scarf, and a hat. His body looked fat and bulky. He was holding a plastic bag in his hand, which was full of instant food. He always subconsciously protected his stomach when passing by people. He walked towards this side with his head down, and then hurried past Zhou Jingnian .

It was still the rented house. After a period of time, there was not much change in the house. The biggest change might be the sets of baby clothes on the bed.

Fang Zheng, who returned to the rental house, took out the passbook from his pocket, seeing the dwindling deposits on it, his brows were filled with unfathomable melancholy.

During pregnancy, it is time to pay attention to diet, and Fang Zheng's rented house has no place to cook for him, and he can't afford even a little decent food. Most of the time, he can only buy the cheapest instant noodles. The long-term lack of nutrition made his complexion sallow, and he looked very bad. Although his body didn't look thin, his cheeks were abnormally sunken.

Zhou Jingnian's heart throbbed endlessly. He watched Fang Zhengying eat a meal of instant noodles as usual, and then boiled a pot of hot water with a water heater that cost a few dollars to wash his face and feet. His hands and legs were obviously bruised. Afterwards, Fang Zheng filled a hot water bottle and lay down on the bed with very inconvenient movements.

The house that Fang Zheng rents is a kind of self-built dwelling that is waiting to be demolished. One room is divided into several rooms by wooden boards. Although the rent is very cheap, the sound insulation is not good. Fang Zheng sat on the bed for a while, probably because the room was too quiet, Fang Zheng reached out and picked up a fairy tale book next to the pillow, opened it and began to read the story in a low voice.

They were all very simple stories about small animals, not much interesting, but Fang Zheng entertained himself very much, and deliberately lowered his voice in a cadence. In the middle, he would gently pat his belly and ask the baby in his belly for his opinion. If he didn't get a response, he would continue to read. If he was kicked by the baby occasionally, he would become very happy.

Zhou Jingnian sat beside him, his eyes were red, and he clenched his hands in pain.

It was late at night, and Fang Zheng woke up because of his leg cramps. He frowned in annoyance, got up awkwardly and rubbed his legs, and when he got better, he lay down and went back to sleep. He repeated this several times throughout the night.

After dawn, Fang Zheng drank two bags of milk powder for pregnant women with boiling water, and then walked back and forth slowly in the room as exercise. Zhou Jingnian walked with him, but it was obviously useless, but he couldn't help reaching out to support Fang Zheng.

After walking around for two laps, Zhou Jingnian saw Fang Zheng suddenly stop still, touching his belly with his hand, and his face changed drastically.

Zhou Jingnian looked down, and a mass of water stains quickly smeared on Fang Zheng's pants.

This is, about to give birth?

Zhou Jingnian's expression also changed dramatically. Fang Zheng is less than eight months old now. Although it is difficult for twins to go full term, it is too early to give birth at seven months!

Fang Zheng knew almost nothing about the condition of the fetus in his womb. His pregnancy itself was very special, and he didn't know at all how to give birth. He took all the things needed for childbirth and put them on the bedside, and took all the food. After preparing all the things he might need, he moved back to the bed with his waist, took off his pants, and his face was pale. Lie down.

Zhou Jingnian squatted beside the bed helplessly, "A Zheng, Ah Zheng, does it hurt..."

Fang Zheng couldn't hear his voice, and in just a few minutes, his forehead was covered with cold sweat. He clenched his cheeks tightly, and just as he let out a slight groan, he realized that the tenant next door who hadn't gone to work could notice. He stuffed a corner of the quilt into his mouth and bit it, grabbed the sheet with both hands, and looked up at his protruding belly.

Time passed slowly, the tenants next door chatted and laughed and left for work, the space became quiet again, and the room was filled with the sound of Fang Zhengren's rapid breathing.

As the pain gradually escalated, Fang Zheng's face had completely lost all color. In order to wake himself up, he bit the corner of his mouth.

Zhou Jingnian watched anxiously from the side, hating himself for being helpless, he reached out to wipe the blood on Fang Zheng's lips, but nothing touched, he spoke incoherently: "A Zheng, you use your strength, you will be fine when the babies are born. It's gone!"

Some people give birth very quickly, but Fang Zheng belongs to the slow one. From the morning to the evening, Fang Zheng had the feeling that he was finally about to give birth, and his lower abdomen began to work hard.

Fang Zheng has been tortured for nearly a day, and he only struggled to get up and drink the milk powder to replenish his strength. In the middle of the night, when he felt the fetus detached from his body, the feeling of relaxation did not come as he wished, and another burst of severe pain came. In Fang Zheng's great shock, the second child began to give birth.

"How come..." Fang Zheng's lips trembled, his eyes were in disbelief. When another burst of severe pain came, Fang Zheng struggled to adjust his posture, hugged the baby who was still covered in blood and was connected to the umbilical cord, and cut the umbilical cord.

Through the vision blurred by sweat and tears, Fang Zheng saw the appearance of the baby, and he smiled exhaustedly: "It's a baby girl."

She lay on Fang Zheng, covered with a quilt, with her eyes closed, Thin and small, ugly, with bruises on his face, he doesn't cry or make trouble.

Fang Zheng realized something was wrong, his lower body was throbbing, and he patted her hard twice, but there was no response. Fang Zheng panicked and increased his strength, but there was still no response.

Fang Zheng endured the pain and adjusted his posture again, trying to give her artificial respiration, but he worked hard for half an hour, and when he gave birth to the second child, the baby in his hand still did not respond.

Fang Zheng slowly put his finger on the pulse of her neck, but he couldn't feel any beating. Grief instantly overwhelmed Fang Zheng, he couldn't believe it at all, his eyes were blurred with tears, and he sobbed uncontrollably.

Fang Zheng, who has not yet given birth, thought that after the child was born, his life would be completely new. He was full of hope and worked hard to go to the new life, but he didn't expect that in his life after that, he would always carry the shadow of his daughter dying in front of his eyes when he was born.

Zhou Jingnian knelt beside Fang Zheng. He obviously didn't feel anything in this dream, but at this moment he felt that his internal organs were in pain. He had never hated himself so much. Why did he bring such pain and despair to Fang Zheng...

It wasn't until there was a soft humming sound from his legs that Fang Zheng recovered briefly from his grief, and held another baby in his arms.

The other baby was a boy, frowning, being held in his father's arms, whimpering like a little mouse, even though he was very ugly when he was just born, Zhou Jingnian recognized him at first sight as the future one cute beanie.

As soon as Zhou Jingnian took a look, he found that the picture had changed again.

He stood on the side of the road with Fang Zheng who was pulling Doudou, and they quarreled again because of Doudou's life experience.

The sound of the engine turning wildly came, and Zhou Jingnian's eyes were tearing open. The scene that made him most desperate in his previous life was staged before his eyes again. He saw Fang Zheng pushing Doudou towards him, but he didn't have time to make a sound. After the huge impact sound, The world is spinning...